Rice (1/1/22)

greenminer

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

The logic behind the extra COVID year is that everyone’s eligibility would be frozen in 20-21 and then resume like normal in 21-22. If you were a redshirt senior in 20-21 then you get to be a redshirt senior again in 21-22. If your eligibility would’ve expired last season had it been a normal year, your eligibility will expire after this season.

It’s sarcasm my man. 

• Ray 2

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Should be 9-2. That Buffalo loss kills me… 

I wouldn't keep dwelling on it.  How would a Buffalo win have benefited us at this point? Would we be any higher in conference standings? No. Would we get T25 consideration? Maybe.

If/when we are talking about postseason seeding/positioning, it could be fun to play "what if".  But don't get hung up on it.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I wouldn't keep dwelling on it.  How would a Buffalo win have benefited us at this point? Would we be any higher in conference standings? No. Would we get T25 consideration? Maybe.

If/when we are talking about postseason seeding/positioning, it could be fun to play "what if".  But don't get hung up on it.

No but they are now 6-6 and losing to them at home the way we did is frustrating.  It’s a bad loss. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

Continuing to dwell on who we are:

We have allowed our opponents to score 60+ points 4 times this season...those are the four games we've lost.

...I wouldn't automatically assume that we lost those games because of defensive failings.  Off the top of my head, we struggle to win when shots aren't falling on the other end.

• Upvote 1

My thoughts:

•Stone was out with apparent Covid.
•Aaron Scott, even though he makes me mad sometimes, has so much hustle and grit. He is going to be really good, and needs this year to develop.

•Offensive struggles still seem to be a problem, and with UAB as our next opponent, that can’t happen at all or they’ll whip us.

•We outrebounded Rice by 20+ and to be honest it should’ve been more. That Rice team is really bad, I say LSU Alexandria played better.

•Abou is getting so much better inside the paint and defensively, it makes me smile. So physical at times.

•Hameir Wright just lost his spot, and Scott is better anyway. Once Mac sets a lineup and rotation, it’s not changing lol

•This team can beat anyone in this conference by double digits, if they keep playing at this rate.

•TYLOR PERRY IS THAT DUDE!!

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

42 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Continuing to dwell on who we are:

We have allowed our opponents to score 60+ points 4 times this season...those are the four games we've lost.

...I wouldn't automatically assume that we lost those games because of defensive failings.  Off the top of my head, we struggle to win when shots aren't falling on the other end.

We’ve allowed 3 games over 60 points and lost all 3*

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

No but they are now 6-6 and losing to them at home the way we did is frustrating.  It’s a bad loss. 

I've repeatedly tried to reason with you about this, but it appears you just want to continue pounding it because you want to be frustrated.

Learn to let go of things you can't control, life is much better and you'll be healthier for it.

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

My thoughts:

•Stone was out with apparent Covid.
•Aaron Scott, even though he makes me mad sometimes, has so much hustle and grit. He is going to be really good, and needs this year to develop.

•Offensive struggles still seem to be a problem, and with UAB as our next opponent, that can’t happen at all or they’ll whip us.

•We outrebounded Rice by 20+ and to be honest it should’ve been more. That Rice team is really bad, I say LSU Alexandria played better.

•Abou is getting so much better inside the paint and defensively, it makes me smile. So physical at times.

•Hameir Wright just lost his spot, and Scott is better anyway. Once Mac sets a lineup and rotation, it’s not changing lol

•This team can beat anyone in this conference by double digits, if they keep playing at this rate.

•TYLOR PERRY IS THAT DUDE!!

Hamir Wright just lost his spot? It’s been like a month since he has played…

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

??

At this rate, with this offense, is UAB going to whip us or will we win by double digits?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, greenminer said:

I think you might be just having fun with me, but I was including the Arkansas exhibition.

Oh I didn’t know you counted the Arkansas game, but it’s still true. I see some of our big games, La Tech UAB etc, being under 60 overall because it’s gonna be that gritty final shot type game.

• Upvote 2