A.A.C. Part II

DeepGreen

I would still like for UNT to continue scheduling games with Louisiana Tech.  They always play us tough (and usually beat us), they have good teams, and they travel well.

And being a Veteran, I'd like to see us bring Army back to Apogee.

Who else would you suggest we keep add to our non-conference schedule?

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I would still like for UNT to continue scheduling games with Louisiana Tech.  They always play us tough (and usually beat us), they have good teams, and they travel well.

TCU

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

If I remember correctly, we wanted to play them when we were in the Sun Belt, but they weren’t interested.  Maybe things will be different now.  

Include LaLa and even LaMo in some kind of broad rotation.

I have always understood them to be incredible roadtrips if you like good food and game-day atmosphere, minus the gargantuan crowds that you see in LSU.

9 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I appreciate your service but my recollection is Army was the cheapshottingest SOBs we have ever faced. I’d prefer we never play them again unless it is due to a bowl game.

Minus that one dirty player, was it that bad? genuine question

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I appreciate your service but my recollection is Army was the cheapshottingest SOBs we have ever faced. I’d prefer we never play them again unless it is due to a bowl game.

Not to mention having to prepare for the triple option which leads to some of the most boring football to watch

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Naw.  We have to “man up” and play Army.  Do other programs walk away from Army.  NT has to play tougher football.  Didn’t you like that win we had at West Point?  And again in Denton?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Naw.  We have to “man up” and play Army.  Do other programs walk away from Army.  NT has to play tougher football.  Didn’t you like that win we had at West Point?  And again in Denton?

Oh I enjoyed the hell out of those and we very nearly got to enjoy a bowl win if that reverse pass had worked a bit better or Morris had thrown one less pick.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

16 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Not to mention having to prepare for the triple option which leads to some of the most boring football to watch

Love watching the triple option.  It is a thing of beauty when done correctly.

”Most boring football to watch” from a soccer fan. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

11 hours ago, greenminer said:

Include LaLa and even LaMo in some kind of broad rotation.

I have always understood them to be incredible roadtrips if you like good food and game-day atmosphere, minus the gargantuan crowds that you see in LSU.

Minus that one dirty player, was it that bad? genuine question

I don’t think it was that. More the chop blocks that are a part of their scheme. Plus it puts your defense out of whack when you are trying to build consistency and continuity. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Love watching the triple option.  It is a thing of beauty when done correctly.

”Most boring football to watch” from a soccer fan. 🤷‍♂️

They call soccer "the beautiful game" for a reason, but not going to get into a sports pissing contest.

And no, I would rather watch paint dry than a team running the triple option all game. If I wanted to watch something like that, I would just stick to rugby.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

They call soccer "the beautiful game" for a reason, but not going to get into a sports pissing contest.

And no, I would rather watch paint dry than a team running the triple option all game. If I wanted to watch something like that, I would just stick to rugby.

I was being sarcastic about soccer although watching a 0-0 game for 90 minutes can be brutal. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1