What's the Next Big Project?

Green Otaku

17 hours ago, MeanGreenPatriot said:

I tried watching some World Cup matches. Just not my cup of tea. 

You need to watch the European Championships. This past years tournament was one of the best I've seen. At least try some US Mens National Team World Cup qualifying games. Games that matter for a team you care about

48 minutes ago, EAGLE83 said:

We had a soccer team in the 70s

Had a VERY good team through 1993, the year before I enrolled. 22 straight winning seasons, I think. Team was disbanded in 1993-1994. We still had some of the (former?) scholarship players in school on the club team in the mid-90s.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

Had a VERY good team through 1993, the year before I enrolled. 22 straight winning seasons, I think. Team was disbanded in 1993-1994. We still had some of the (former?) scholarship players in school on the club team in the mid-90s.

Title 9 casualty apparently. Looks like SMU is the only school in Texas that fields a varsity men’s team, at least through the time of this article.

https://www.ntdaily.com/club-soccer-unlikely-to-reach-d-i-status/

6 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

You need to watch the European Championships. This past years tournament was one of the best I've seen. At least try some US Mens National Team World Cup qualifying games. Games that matter for a team you care about

These are good.

I think my biggest complaint about soccer is the flopping.  They are overly dramatic and it is almost comical at times.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Richard Lowe

TBH, I thought it was Hedlund - getting my decades mixed up.  But I see Hudlund wasn't coach of the men's team until 1991, and as we know, he WAS the last men's coach.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hedlund