Seth is here to stay we need to accept it

Tom McKrackin

On 12/31/2021 at 8:10 AM, Wag Tag said:

37B0A57E-6F4D-44B4-B533-D6CF21FCE707.jpeg

If I considered this a true reflection of where things stand, it would only show me is that Seth is failing horribly considering what he has had to work with.

Anyone that is being honest has to question our "FB Success" being ranked #2 in C-USA (must be all those conference titles and bowl wins).

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Sadly, SL being back is acceptable to the AD, BOR, and BMDs…

Than I guess having a fractured fan base, smaller attendance, and less revenue is also acceptable to the AD, BOR, and BMDs too. Very "Old Denton" of them.

People can down vote this statement or roll their eyeballs, but it doesn't change the truth.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 5

My troll radar is redlining.

We have a rising population of posters that are intentionally riling people up, because they feel like boiling frustration and divisiveness is the best path towards pressuring our AD.

I want a new coach as much as anyone, but the second I feel like one of my fellow Mean Green fans uses in-fighting and division to manipulate people and/or situations, I will block you.  I have to stomach that every new voting cycle.  I do not have to stomach it here.

Fast forward a few, either months or years, and I think board admins are going to have to make some tough (or not tough?) decisions.

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

47 minutes ago, greenminer said:

My troll radar is redlining.

We have a rising population of posters that are intentionally riling people up, because they feel like boiling frustration and divisiveness is the best path towards pressuring our AD.

I want a new coach as much as anyone, but the second I feel like one of my fellow Mean Green fans uses in-fighting and division to manipulate people and/or situations, I will block you.  I have to stomach that every new voting cycle.  I do not have to stomach it here.

Fast forward a few, either months or years, and I think board admins are going to have to make some tough (or not tough?) decisions.

The next few months are going to be tough with Seth haters hijacking every post. Try to talk about AAC or facilities and you can see what I mean. I hope Seth starts out winning and maybe, I mean maybe it will quiet them down a little. We all know who they are and where they stand. GMG 

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Than I guess having a fractured fan base, smaller attendance, and less revenue is also acceptable to the AD, BOR, and BMDs too. Very "Old Denton" of them.

People can down vote this statement or roll their eyeballs, but it doesn't change the truth.

What have you seen that makes you think this isn’t acceptable versus the cost of making a change? It’s pretty obvious that the cost is the main reason he is still here. 

Again, you cannot want to win more than the administration does. If you do, all it leads to is major frustration which is why so many people walk away.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

What have you seen that makes you think this isn’t acceptable versus the cost of making a change? It’s pretty obvious that the cost is the main reason he is still here. 

Again, you cannot want to win more than the administration does. If you do, all it leads to is major frustration which is why so many people walk away.

This is my university, and it is very frustrating to watch our football program continue to struggle despite all they have to work with. But I'm not going anywhere. While I will be Mean Green for life, I can no longer justify blindly throwing more money at the athletic department when it is just going to waste. I'm sure my extra donations don't add up to much in the grand scheme of things, so they won't really care.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

We have a rising population of posters that are intentionally riling people up, because they feel like boiling frustration and divisiveness is the best path towards pressuring...

It has become the American way.  No civility anymore.  If people disagree, they resort to calling people names, belittling each other, etc.  Tired of it as well.  Maybe 2022 will bring some change.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1