Seth is here to stay we need to accept it

Tom McKrackin

28 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I have read a lot of the post on here from both the insiders and the outsiders and have come to the conclusion that we are stuck with Seth for another year.  It sucks, and I am not happy about it but I am  accepting it as the reality.

As much as I would like to, I cannot disagree, However, the AD must also be willing to accept a very unmotivated fanbase. You can't keep putting teams with losing records on the field and expect people to be happy. So yes, I accept it, and I hope Seth turns the corner after 6 years, but people need to accept that just because you don't like the idea of Seth staying does not mean you can't support and be hopeful for your school. 

• Upvote 8
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

As much as I would like to, I cannot disagree, However, the AD must also be willing to accept a very unmotivated fanbase. You can't keep putting teams with losing records on the field and expect people to be happy. So yes, I accept it, and I hope Seth turns the corner after 6 years, but people need to accept that just because you don't like the idea of Seth staying does not mean you can't support and be hopeful for your school. 

Plus, there is a small chance the quarterback coach is an exciting hire. I’m hopeful but have my doubts.

• Upvote 7
  • Oh Boy! 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Would be nice for something to happen to add some off-season excitement.  If not I guess we're in for a lot of uniform talk.

There is something going on with Chandler Morris. 247 is showing Casey Thompson 100% TCU, ( Sonny’s guy) him and his dad being at the bowl game. His sister goes to UNT and his dad would be able to watch him play. The waiver makes this more realistic option. This would create a big swing!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

There is something going on with Chandler Morris. 247 is showing Casey Thompson 100% TCU, ( Sonny’s guy) him and his dad being at the bowl game. His sister goes to UNT and his dad would be able to watch him play. The waiver makes this more realistic option. This would create a big swing!!!

I agree 100%.  If Seth could pull this off I would be good.  It would make me feel like we have a shot to be good.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I agree 100%.  If Seth could pull this off I would be good.  It would make me feel like we have a shot to be good.

Another thing to keep in mind is Chad Morris got a $10m buy out from Arkansas. Would he want to be a qb coach?? He was going to coach him at Arkansas. Probably too far of a reach?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Another thing to keep in mind is Chad Morris got a $10m buy out from Arkansas. Would he want to be a qb coach?? He was going to coach him at Arkansas. Probably to far of a reach?

He’s probably getting paid more at Allen. I guess if his son was QB maybe he’d consider it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

25 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

The only thing I would correct you on is that his sister works for UNT instead of goes to UNT. 
https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/mackenzie-morris/540

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I have read a lot of the post on here from both the insiders and the outsiders and have come to the conclusion that we are stuck with Seth for another year.  It sucks, and I am not happy about it but I am  accepting it as the reality.

I will wait for Wren to make that "official" announcement about another year of prison for the program and fan base! 

mob1.jpg?w=2000&h

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

31 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I am not accepting jacksh*t, if Seth is still here next season it proves UNT is not serious at all about football. I will not be renewing my season tickets. 

You and many others. If Littrell stays, the Athletic Department is clearly showing they aren't listening to their fan base or just don't care and would rather save money on a buyout than bite the bullet and make a hire that reinvigorates the fan base. Hope they enjoy empty stadiums. Going to take a long time to reverse the damage the Littrell tenure is causing. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Anyone ever consider that NT may just not have the money for a $2m buyout?   

If the major donors don't want to contribute, where does NT get that kind of money to pay Littrell and hire a HC that projects better than Seth.  They certainly didn't swing for the fences with their volleyball hire. 

There is also a chance that Littrell can turn the program around.  NT was mostly non-competitive in the Bowl game, but finished the regular season strong. 

I will support the program no matter who the coach is and I suspect most of those that want Littrell gone also will. 

I don't follow the logic that who is coaching is more important than the team's success.  If the team is bad, it is not going to get a lot of support no matter whom is head coach.

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

31 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Anyone ever consider that NT may just not have the money for a $2m buyout?   

If the major donors don't want to contribute, where does NT get that kind of money to pay Littrell and hire a HC that projects better than Seth.  They certainly didn't swing for the fences with their volleyball hire. 

There is also a chance that Littrell can turn the program around.  NT was mostly non-competitive in the Bowl game, but finished the regular season strong. 

I will support the program no matter who the coach is and I suspect most of those that want Littrell gone also will. 

I don't follow the logic that who is coaching is more important than the team's success.  If the team is bad, it is not going to get a lot of support no matter whom is head coach.

It is exactly this. Our donors are being fleeced for donations to upgrading facilities and we have another massive one with the Athletic Center in progress.  Those same donors are not happy about mediocre football but at the same time are being asked for millions to go towards these upgrades that... only strengthen the program's ability to recruit better talent.  

We can't offset these requests with revenue from football games (absence of attendance) so hence the conundrum. 

*Edit Don't listen to King.  I know more than he does 😉

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I been reassured by those that should know that money is not a problem. 

My logic  says that 6 years of a head coach not progressing is enough.

My logic also says that we are in a unique situation this year to get a new coach established for a year before we enter the AAC.

My logic is not to make excuses for poor results. 

My logic is to expect better than the bullshit of the past. 

My logic is to get a coach more concerned about a winning North Texas football team than his golf game. 

You can be reassured, but the reality seems the exact opposite of what is being told to you.

Look, WB and NS got played hard by Jimmy Sexton. Its what he does. And entire university had no idea how to play the game of keeping a successful football coach or letting him go. Hopefully, after this hard lesson, they will have learned, although I thoroughly expect WB to be AD somewhere else within 2 years.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You can be reassured, but the reality seems the exact opposite of what is being told to you.

What reality? 

That money has almost nothing to do with it and it is more about internal politics? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2