Willie Tyler, please explain

Wag Tag

June   2019 UT

Jan 2021  Portal

April 2021 Syracuse

July 2021 ULM

Nov 2021 Portal  Has 3 potential destinations, I believe one is SMU

This would be his 4th college in 3 years. 

How many times can you go into the portal and I thought you had to sit out after the first one? Thanks

Edited by Wag Tag

16 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

June   2019 UT

Jan 2021  Portal

April 2021 Syracuse

July 2021 ULM

Nov 2021 Portal  Has 3 potential destinations, I believe one is SMU

This would be his 4th college in 3 years. 

How many times can you go into the portal and I thought you had to sit out after the first one? Thanks

Who? I know we had a Willie Taylor out of Dallas on the Todd Dodge teams but I’m not familiar with the guy you’re talking about here. Does he have a 247 page?

9 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Who? I know we had a Willie Taylor out of Dallas on the Todd Dodge teams but I’m not familiar with the guy you’re talking about here. Does he have a 247 page?

18 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

It seems to me he'd have to sit out a year.  Which obviously makes him a less desirable target.

My ? Is why didn’t he sit out after leaving Texas?

• Wag Tag changed the title to Willie Tyler, please explain
28 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

My ? Is why didn’t he sit out after leaving Texas?

The rule now allows one free transfer with no need to sit out.  But since this will be his second transfer, he'll have to sit out a year.

EDIT: Looking back at your timeline, he would have had to sit out this past year at ULM.  Since he sat out 2021, does this make him eligible to transfer and play right away in 2022?  Not sure about that.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

The rule now allows one free transfer with no need to sit out.  But since this will be his second transfer, he'll have to sit out a year.

EDIT: Looking back at your timeline, he would have had to sit out this past year at ULM.  Since he sat out 2021, does this make him eligible to transfer and play right away in 2022?  Not sure about that.

not sure how he could even be allowed to Transfer to another FBS school, but COVID muddied the waters with everything. Assume compliance offices would have to triple check he was making academic progress as well.

If I was a coach would be a hard pass. 4 schools in 3 yrs tells me it is not the school but the player

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Shoot, @Wag Tag, I should have read your post better from the beginning.  So all that transferring was done in the past year?  That means he was fully eligible to play this past year (assuming no other issues outside of transfer rules), but will be ineligible to play in '22.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, untbowler said:

not sure how he could even be allowed to Transfer to another FBS school, but COVID muddied the waters with everything.

It's not COVID-related, just a change in the transfer rules.  Everyone is now permitted one free transfer to an FBS school without having to sit out a year.