DRC: Littrell, Baker will receive bonuses for bowl appearance

Brett Vito

6 hours ago, ADLER said:

Dickey didn't start the whole "you can still get paid by North Texas without showing loyalty to North Texas, simply by always dressing in black".

That was all already started by Mandy McManly as a way to tell the people that loved this school to f*** off.

Now Cr1028, nobody can stop you if you really want to align yourself with Mandy, although we may be able to have an exorcism performed.

Ha. I’ve sometimes wondered if a curse has been placed on our football program. 🤔

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ADLER said:

Yet, Marshall which has the same color codes as us and a Nike contract, is always able to find Green textiles. And like McCasland and Littrell, they have coaches that sometimes wear black, but the school never lets it replace their primary school colors.

I'm aware that every school in the country somewhat has black attire for fashion clothing, but nowhere has it been accepted as a replacement for school colors as it has been at North Texas, the very school which identifies as a color more so than just about any other college.

Green's play late helps Marshall edge Ohio, 33-31 - WV MetroNews

You can fight it, just like those that refuse to accept:

- NTSU to UNT

- Eagles to Mean Green

- Three finger talon to two finger talon

Like it or not (and I don’t really like it), the university added black as an official color and now has promoted it to a secondary color equivalent to using white.  https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

You can fight it, just like those that refuse to accept:

- NTSU to UNT

- Eagles to Mean Green

- Three finger talon to two finger talon

Like it or not (and I don’t really like it), the university added black as an official color and now has promoted it to a secondary color equivalent to using white.  https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

Yes, it seems to be an official color but my question is, who made this decision? Was it someone sitting in an office who just decided that black looks good? That would be my guess.

I seem to recall reading that in our very early days, the student body voted for our school colors.

In the 1902 1903 school year the students voted to adopt Green and White as the college school colors.

During the early 21st century, black was added as a secondary color for outlining logos on printed material.

Somebody, on their own accord, mistakenly added black as a third "official" school color, a screw-up that has yet to be corrected.

Edited by ADLER

1 minute ago, ADLER said:

In the 1902 1903 school year the students voted to adopt Green and White as the college school colors.

During the early 21st century, black was added as a secondary color for outlining logos on printed material.

In 2014, on her own, the woman hired for branding management added black as some mythical third official color on the branding page, probably only because black had a thinning look for her wardrobe.

She didn't give a shit, had no previous connections to the university, and she left two years later for another job.

Thank you, that's exactly what I suspected.

21 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Why not?

Well, if we have 4 wins and they have 9 then I don't expect us to win. If the are a top 25 team and most of our wins have been against programs with losing records I don't expect us to win. Goals and objectives need to be reasonable and obtainable with a little pie in the sky.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

In 2014, on her own, the woman hired for branding management added black as some mythical third official color on the branding page, probably only because black had a thinning look for her wardrobe.

She didn't give a shit, had no previous connections to the university, and she left two years later for another job.

I thought she added blue, not black.

• Eye Roll 1

16 hours ago, ADLER said:

Poor example, I think Lincoln Riley's lack of loyalty to OU has clearly been exposed.

But, it's still OU clothing, made for OU, with crappy gray or black on it. It's not just some cheap-ass black crap shirt with a tiny North Texas embroidered on it. HUGE difference.

Riley owes nothing to Oklahoma. He gave them a days work for a day's wages and they would have fired him with hesitation if he hadn't. His job is to look after his self and his family. The University's job is to look after the football program and athletic department. If UNT fires a coach because of poor performance its just business, but if Hayden Fry goes to Iowa he is being disloyal?

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, ADLER said:

Poor example, I think Lincoln Riley's lack of loyalty to OU has clearly been exposed.

But, it's still OU clothing, made for OU, with crappy gray or black on it. It's not just some cheap-ass black crap shirt with a tiny North Texas embroidered on it. HUGE difference.

Like Nike, which is the brand of the black outfits our coaches wear that is made specifically for North Texas?  Those “cheap-ass black crap shirt with a fine North Texas embroidered on it”?  I don’t think we have disgruntled employees in our AD at this time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Maybe it’s time to update the fight song lyrics to be current*:

Let's give a cheer for our UNT!

Cheer for the green, black, and white.

Victory's in store the more that we score.

Our team will sometimes fight.

Fight, fight, fight!

Shoulder to shoulder we post along, whining for vic-tor-y.

Playing the game for the honor and fame and glory of U-N-T! U - N - T Mean Green!

U-N-T Mean Green! Fight, fight, fight!

*Don’t judge.  This was posted in jest.  I hope the fight song remains as is. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/2/2022 at 10:37 AM, GrandGreen said:

Prefer that NT sticks to green and white

Black should be used as accent color only; however, it seems very popular with players

Gray should never be used, it is not a school color and is IMO ugly

There is absolutely nothing wrong with black being used for blackout games, pink during cancer awareness, or throwbacks during a throwback event. Those are all great.

Where there is an issue is, people who really couldn't give a rat's rear about this university being placed into a decision making capacity that is outside of their realm of comprehension. 

What if an employee added fashionable colors purple or teal to Tennessee's official colors by just changing a school web site? Do you think there would be a reaction from fans?

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, wardly said:

I thought she added blue, not black.

No, Helwig added blue and copper. Then we correctly returned to GREEN and WHITE.

image.png.488e5720390528767674a8f0ce968362.pngimage.png.e393a9abf43638ab4cf2f38579722157.png

Those fricking logos took forever to go away

The disgusting Blue and Copper were eventually discarded as they were "pulled out-of-tail-end" additions.

Black was then added as an accent color, usually  for outlining Green on a White background or White on a Green background. 

2e007cad52dacc11dd39562fc91b3137.pngNorth Texas Mean Green 2005-Pres Helmet Logo iron on transfers for clothing|North  Texas Mean Green 2005-Pres Helmet Logo diy iron on transfer.png|North Texas  Mean Green iron ons

But a non-caring university employee, with computer access far beyond her scope of knowledge, was then able to place on the branding site that her favorite fashion color was somehow one of our official school colors. It isn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

This happens in business everyday if you are contemplating a change of employment within the same industry. One reason you may getting your new job is  based upon  how much existing business you can bring with you. The new OU head coach put together his staff by poaching coaches from other programs before the season ended and while they were employed by other schools. We may not like it but it is the way of the world we live in today.

• Upvote 2

I know I’m in the minority, but I really like the black. I think, particularly for fans, it’s a color more people are likely to wear. I get it. Green and white are school colors, but black with a green eagle is such a clean look, and I can actually get my wife who doesn’t give a rip about sports to wear it. That same tee in green and she won’t touch it. That’s what’s so great about apparel. If you prefer green, wear it. Don’t like black, don’t wear it. I don’t think it hurts the brand one bit.

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

Are we really doing this? Belly aching over colors and coaches outfits?  Who cares if Seth is loyal to the program when the on the field product has been mediocre or below straight years?  He should be gone and as long as they losing in a national stages to restart programs and brand new to FBS level football teams I would rather them be “ Incognito” colored uniforms to distance their poor play for the school.  If the decision makers can’t move on from a mediocre coach  why should we expect any of the minor decisions to make sense? 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 3