DRC: Littrell, Baker will receive bonuses for bowl appearance

Brett Vito

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Vito was not reporting the issue, he is reporting the contract incentive.  BV is probably laughing a little inside at how we were so predictably going to react to it.

This entire quoted post could be said directly to Vito, which was CBL's point.

Dudes got to eat man. What are you going to do 🤷🏽‍♂️😅

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I mean....the language is pretty easy.....make a bowl, get a bonus.

I don't know what else anyone was expecting. We can argue that perhaps the language for future coaches should be looked at? But I'm pretty sure every coach in the country has a "get to a bowl" incentive in their contracts. Not sure how we could expect a future coach and his agent to not expect that.

One little tweak....maybe we change the definition of "bowl eligible." I had a bigger problem with him getting a bonus when he wasn't technically "eligible" on a few of his bowl appearances. You get to 6 wins, you're bowl eligible....everyone is. But getting to a bowl at 5-7 is different and I don't think an incentive should be paid. It should be "get to a bowl with a min .500 record." Which yes....is a bit ridiculous to reward such mediocrity but again.....I'm gonna bet every coach in the country has that in their contract....seems like a pretty standard deal. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I’m sure you’re the one, but 99.99999999% don’t turn down money they earned in their contract that their employer willingly gave them.

Jim Harbaugh gave his bonus money back to the athletic department to be split amongst the staff that took pay cuts during the Covid cuts

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Jim Harbaugh gave his bonus money back to the athletic department to be split amongst the staff that took pay cuts during the Covid cuts

Different situation. He did not turn down the money he was owed. He gave it to staff who were paid less than their full compensation due to no fault of their own.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Come on guys. He is making nearly $2 million a year and you are bent out of shape about a $35,000 bowl bonus in a standard boilerplate contract. Lets not major in the minors.Also, as I have posted several times, North Texas should not be expected to win a bowl game when we have a losing record nor play a top 25 team. Troy and Miami are a different kettle of fish, especially Miami, even though we were underdogs.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Different situation. He did not turn down the money he was owed. He gave it to staff who were paid less than their full compensation due to no fault of their own.

We're splitting hairs here, but Harbaugh was under no moral or contractual obligation to give his assistants his money.  He effectively opted out of the personal gain in a very gracious move.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If he had a contract with bonuses, how was it not money he was owed? 

He did not tell the AD no thanks, I don’t deserve this money. He asked for the money he earned to be allocated to the people who worked for him.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

21 minutes ago, greenminer said:

We're splitting hairs here, but Harbaugh was under no moral or contractual obligation to give his assistants his money.  He effectively opted out of the personal gain in a very gracious move.

Of course he didn’t have to do that but to say he just flat refused the money because he felt he “didn’t earn it or didn’t deserve it” is flat out wrong. He was taking care of his people who got hit hard by the covid financial situation. It is no different than if he had written them a check.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3

On 12/27/2021 at 8:59 PM, Censored by Laurie said:

now, if you, all emotionally frail and out for blood, want the AD to fire Seth AND not fulfill contracts...well, I would love to see the caliber of replacement hire you think you'll attract.

You can bring anyone in here for a million dollars a year to lose. 🤷🏽‍♂️  And like I laid out in other threads in 36 years of FBS football since 1995 they hired 3 coaches who had legitimately qualified resumes, that brought in legitimately qualified staffs with them.  So while your point is 100% logical no one should trust their ability to hire good coaches no matter what we pay or how we mitigate contract terminations.  

On 12/27/2021 at 4:06 PM, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

What a joke!

The joke is on us.  We are the jackasses that care and contribute voluntarily.  But the real but of the jokes are the students involuntarily paying for a program that revels in mediocrity  while their peers who go to other schools can enjoy great games on Saturdays the want to go to.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ADLER said:

How come our coaches wear black when they start perpetually losing?

UNT bowl bonuses story

They all wore GREEN back when they were optimistic of better results. 

I guess it's just a simple symbol of disloyalty to our university. They don't mask it any better than the Dickey did.

People just don’t understand. Littrell was not, nor is, nor will ever be one of us.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, ADLER said:

How come our coaches wear black when they start perpetually losing?

UNT bowl bonuses story

They all wore GREEN back when they were optimistic of better results. 

I guess it's just a simple show of a lack of loyalty to our university. They don't mask it any better than the Dickey did.

They don’t “all” wear black.

6166757c81671.image.jpg?crop=1375,959,2,

25 minutes ago, ADLER said:

I personally couldn't give a rats tail if we play a top 25 or not going forward. I'd rather just play the best teams that we can get a home-and-home series with. By best I don't mean highest ranked, I mean the regional schools that our students and fans would most like to see at Apogee.

If Apogee expansion needs to happen first to make attractive scheduling possible, then so be it, and THAT becomes our highest facility priority.

Im saying “why not” to the idea that we shouldn’t expect to beat top 25 teams. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Phil wears a contrasting color to increase his visibility to his players on the field.

Other members of our athletic department use black as a subtle F U to the university which pays for the roof over their head and the food on their table.

This isn't Jerry Glanville honoring Elvis, this is just disgruntled employees being assholes, wearing their "asshole black" costumes.

And.........some of those roofs are around 2 million dollars. 

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Phil wears a contrasting color to increase his visibility to his players on the field.

Other members of our athletic department use black as a subtle F U to the university which pays for the roof over their head and the food on their table.

This isn't Jerry Glanville honoring Elvis, this is just disgruntled employees being assholes, wearing their "asshole black" costumes.

I know that about Bennett, I was teasing.

Dickey didn’t do the black thing until he was already fired. Littrell was wearing black as early as the 2016 HOD bowl and maybe earlier than that. Find something else to be angry about. It isn’t what you thought.

630596938.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, ADLER said:

Poor example, I think Lincoln Riley's lack of loyalty to OU has clearly been exposed.

But, it's still OU clothing, made for OU, with crappy gray or black on it. It's not just some cheap-ass black crap shirt with a tiny North Texas embroidered on it. HUGE difference.

60624e9c21906.image.jpg?resize=1200,800
60664364a2a47.image.jpg?resize=1200,900
1c-northtexasrgb_t800.jpg?90232451fbcadc

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Dickey didn’t do the black thing until he was already fired.

Dickey didn't start the whole "you can still get paid by North Texas without showing loyalty to North Texas, simply by always dressing in black".

That was all already started by Mandy McManly as a way to tell the people that loved this school to f*** off.

Now Cr1028, nobody can stop you if you really want to align yourself with Mandy, although we may be able to have an exorcism performed.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Dickey didn't start the whole "you can still get paid by North Texas without showing loyalty to North Texas, simply by always dressing in black".

That was all already started by Mandy McManly as a way to tell the people that loved this school to f*** off.

Now Cr1028, nobody can stop you if you really want to align yourself with Mandy, although we may be able to have an exorcism performed.

You know I couldn’t stand that sorry excuse for a human being, why you gotta bring that (insert awful word here) up?! 

That AD person you refer to wasn’t a coach which is what your earlier post was talking about. Dickey sneakily showing up in the lockerroom and handing out JV practices jerseys to the players after they had already warmed up in the Sun Belt approved gear was the ultimate FU to the school. 

If memory serves, it was McCarney that made the black uniform go mainstream at UNT, he just didn’t wear it often himself.

I doubt Littrell wears black to upset you or anyone else. He probably wears it because he thinks it looks good on him, so what? It doesn’t bother me in the least. I know who we are and what are colors are.

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You know I couldn’t stand that sorry excuse for a human being, why you gotta bring that (insert awful word here) up?! 

That AD person you refer to wasn’t a coach which is what your earlier post was talking about. Dickey sneakily showing up in the lockerroom and handing out JV practices jerseys to the players after they had already warmed up in the Sun Belt approved gear was the ultimate FU to the school. 

If memory serves, it was McCarney that made the black uniform go mainstream at UNT, he just didn’t wear it often himself.

I doubt Littrell wears black to upset you or anyone else. He probably wears it because he thinks it looks good on him, so what? It doesn’t bother me in the least. I know who we are and what are colors are.

It is probably a Nike thing honestly. 

• Thanks 1