UNT Players Entering The Portal

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Well, quarterbacks from a 5-7 team in Austin are transferring to TCU apparently. So I guess record doesn’t necessarily dictate options.

a 5-7 UT and a 6-7 UNT aren't even in the same solar system of comparability. Even on their best day, CUSA isn't even fit the iron the underpants for most B12 teams.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 4

40 minutes ago, Udomann said:

a 5-7 UT and a 6-7 UNT aren't even in the same solar system of comparability. Even on their best day, CUSA isn't even fit the iron the underpants for most B12 teams.

Well, in fairness, they did lose to Kansas who used our transfer quarterback to start most of their games this season before he sustained injury and was replaced by a very good younger player.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

six found homes and three didn't not a bad ratio I guess, unless you are the three.

I believe it was more like 13 found new homes, I only listed the higher profile landing spots earlier. We also had players land at UMass, Blinn CC, SFA, Butler CC, Liberty, Grambling, Jackson State, and Arkansas State.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Then I guess it is worth the gamble to enter the portal.  The article makes it sound like a lot players end up no where.

Well most end up at a lesser destination so it is usually a tradeoff for the opportunity to move up the depth chart in a more obscure location.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

16 hours ago, untbowler said:

well with how few underclassmen get any playing time unless hoard of injuries, we have no idea how good some of the players are right now. They could transfer and tear it up because player evaluation seems suspect at best with this coaching staff. 

This is one of the most frustrating things Littrell does. Are the upperclassmen that much better than all of these "highly rated" underclassmen? He took a chance on Mason and it worked, but now he's too scared to ruffle some feathers? I already know what a 6th year senior can do. Next year he won't have a choice since the majority of the roster are freshman and sophomores. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Good information. To recap - There is a one time free transfer for everyone. If you are a star player at a Bigtime P5 you can probably get another waiver to not sit out if needed.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Good information. To recap - There is a one time free transfer for everyone. If you are a star player at a Bigtime P5 you can probably get another waiver to not sit out if needed.

Wonder if this could be an option for Chandler Morris to come to UNT? I would think Sonny would sign off. 

Edited by Wag Tag