DRC: Get Your Rear on the Record review (who was right, who was wrong and who is this year's Ridiculous Homer)

Brett Vito

17 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

It seems like we exceeded the expectations of most that are calling for Littrell’s head. We failed to meet the expectations of most defending him. Interesting dynamic.

Expectations changed after UNT fell to 1-6. That made 6-7 and another bowl loss look miraculous, but in the end it's still a losing record and a bowl loss.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, rcade said:

Expectations changed after UNT fell to 1-6. That made 6-7 and another bowl loss look miraculous, but in the end it's still a losing record and a bowl loss.

Fair enough, but with major injuries at key positions, we still beat their expectations they had of a full strength team including that of our resident YouTube show.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

I put down 7-6. I thought we would get a good matchup for a bowl (we did…) and finally win one. Well…

I don’t think the injuries to receivers really hurt us that much. Even better talented receivers can’t catch balls thrown 10 feet over their head, at their feet, behind them…

We changed to a run dominant team because we don’t have an accurate QB on the roster that can run a spread offense.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Hookset said:

I put down 7-6. I thought we would get a good matchup for a bowl (we did…) and finally win one. Well…

I don’t think the injuries to receivers really hurt us that much. Even better talented receivers can’t catch balls thrown 10 feet over their head, at their feet, behind them…

We changed to a run dominant team because we don’t have an accurate QB on the roster that can run a spread offense.

Think about that last paragraph for a minute...

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hookset said:

Do you really think that we have accurate throwing QB’s on the roster?

We'll never know, will we. But what I really meant, was that after the Mason Era, we have no one better than Aune.  THAT is pathetic.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

Bring in a super star QB Coach AND root like hell for Ruder.

I have this crazy, fanatical, blind faith that he just needed more time and will come out in 2022 and show us how he can really ball.

FTFY. We could bring in the next Tom Brady but if he's not coached up it won't make a difference

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Ruder needs a QB coach & OC who can guide him in this weird hybrid Air Raid/Veer & Shoot offense.

If it’s Chad Morris, great!

If it’s an entire new staff, great!

I know you've mentioned him multiple times, but David Yost would be a tremendous pickup here. I have no idea why he's not on a staff somewhere

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I know you've mentioned him multiple times, but David Yost would be a tremendous pickup here. I have no idea why he's not on a staff somewhere

No doubt.  His QB record speaks for itself with all of those great QBs that came through Mizzou under Pinkel, learning from Leach for 3 yrs as inside receivers coach, then going to Oregon & coaching Mariota to a Heisman, and who could forget what Jordan Love did to us in 2018?   He was a fall guy for a failed Lubbock venture & hasn’t been in the game since.

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

@UNTLifer,

Do you think if we’re stuck w/Littrell (which we very well may be with each passing day bringing no change), that Chad Morris as QBs coach wouldn’t be a huge asset to the program?

Oh, I would go for Morris in that position.  I don't want him as head ball coach.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

FTFY. We could bring in the next Tom Brady but if he's not coached up it won't make a difference

Is this a consensus, that we just lack the position coach?

I'm might agree.  Sometimes I looked at Ruder and Aune and thought, the tangibles look good but they just look so out of sync with what the offense needs.  Good looking balls, but no timing with WRs.  Good foot work, but why are they working the pocket like that? 1 or 2 great plays, followed by 3-4 boneheaded plays.

I'm probably going to revisit any video I can find of Ruder, in Denton or Chapel Hill.  See if anything new reveals itself.

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Oh, I would go for Morris in that position.  I don't want him as head ball coach.

Im Not No Way GIF

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Is this a consensus, that we just lack the position coach?

To get where we ultimately want to be?   No.

To at least get some better results from the QB position?  Yes.

• Upvote 1