Head Coaches have a Shelf Life. Ours has Expired! Time to get a new one.

NT80

34 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I would have had at least a bit of excitement for Littrell coming back if he had won the bowl game because it would have showed that maybe he had finally figured something out and we would have some momentum going into the new season, but he couldn't even do that.  

For me, my feelings on whether Littrell should come back were entirely binary based on the result of the bowl game. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

For me, my feelings on whether Littrell should come back were entirely binary based on the result of the bowl game. 

Yep. The question was asked, and I believe many said he needed to win out + win the bowl game (that was the #1 response, followed by "he should be fired no matter what").

So it came down to the bowl game, and it was really more of the same, except that we play Dickey-ball now so it wasn't a big blow out like before. 

• Upvote 3

The real question is what it takes to get SL that extension he will be aiming for in 2022. For WB, I have to believe it’s 7 wins. That would be another season of improvement from SL over the previous season. And I’d imagine the Lovelace’s will throw in some more cash to keep their boy around.

If you were gonna need to win 7 games to keep your job, you couldn’t get much easier than what SL has to deal with next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The real question is what it takes to get SL that extension he will be aiming for in 2022. For WB, I have to believe it’s 7 wins. That would be another season of improvement from SL over the previous season. And I’d imagine the Lovelace’s will throw in some more cash to keep their boy around.

If you were gonna need to win 7 games to keep your job, you couldn’t get much easier than what SL has to deal with next year.

Extension?  I mean he has to win the West at a minimum to even sniff a contract extension.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Extension?  I mean he has to win the West at a minimum to even sniff a contract extension.

I know you’re newer around here…and I remember having those same higher expectations, too. Then reality hits.

His bar here isn’t anywhere near that high, sadly. He gets 7+ and he’s probably extended at least 2, probably 3 more years. That Lovelace $$$ will only help WB and NS make that decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

But Wren is a professional and don’t you feel the schism when Mumbles is placed in front of the most ardent UNT supporters. It’s a strange weird energy where everyone is faking to love and believe what Seth is saying. This is how it felt before 1-6. You can’t build or keep progressing a program on the backs of fans who don’t believe in him anymore. Wren knows this NS knows this. Seth pulled the rabbit out of the hat and won 5 in a row and beat a Top 25. Nothing we can do about it. 

But Wren has to expect low energy next year from the fanbase. Nothing changed. Next year please give us Clemson or someone like that in a bowl game because we ain’t winning it whether we be playing Grand Canyon or  Georgia. Seth looks across the field in December and sees Saban and the Crimson Tide. One more year of this flat atmosphere then hope. 

GMG

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I would have had at least a bit of excitement for Littrell coming back if he had won the bowl game because it would have showed that maybe he had finally figured something out and we would have some momentum going into the new season, but he couldn't even do that.  

He built recruiting bridges that we have never seen before.  I was excited about that, and really happy to see our signing classes unfold the last 3 years.   I thought the winning streak might mean he had finally put it altogether.  Miami-OH ended up being a big fat nope

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, greenminer said:

He built recruiting bridges that we have never seen before.  I was excited about that, and really happy to see our signing classes unfold the last 3 years.   I thought the winning streak might mean he had finally put it altogether.  Miami-OH ended up being a big fat nope

The constant losses in "big games" has me convinced it is time to move on.  He is a big O-fer in bowls and the one conference championship game.

• Thanks 1