High point of the Seth Littrell era so far?

TheTastyGreek

High point of the Seth Littrell era so far?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which conference championship, bowl victory, or win over a ranked team do you feel has been Seth's greatest achievement so far at North Texas?

• 11/27/21 - North Texas upsets #22 UTSA
    • None of the above

On 12/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, UNT Family Man said:

Though ranked in the top 15—were they really one of the best 15 teams in the country?? I think not. We beat a good team in UTSA who had skated by mostly bad teams. 

High point of SL era was the Arkansas win on the road and USMA home win. 

Agree, but sadly it was followed up by one of the biggest failures when we lost to la tech at home the very next game. We were actually getting top 25 votes. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

Agree, but sadly it was followed up by one of the biggest failures when we lost to la tech at home the very next game. We were actually getting top 25 votes. 

Wrong.  We traveled to Liberty after the Arkansas game.  We absolutely annihilated them, 47-7.

The LaTech game was a nut kick, still.  We unveiled the Mean Joe statue before the game.  That was attended by a bunch of NFL Hall of Famers.  Then I sat in my seat in the stadium and watched over and over new people trying to find their seats in a stadium they had never been to.  I have been going to games for 20 years and hadn’t ever seen that…and haven’t since.  We had the casual UNT fan aboard for a few short weeks.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I do believe that we will have a new coach next year.  We can't afford not to.  There will at least be hundreds that will not renew season tickets with Littrell at the helm...me included.  I like Seth personally but a new coach needs familiarity with what they are capable of and what players that his name might attract.  I realize that the payout of Seth's contract might be a hill to climb but I trust Wren.  He has been uncanny in meeting his budget.  If anyone can find a way out of this mess it's him.  We won't be able to pay some of the good coaches what they were making at their last stop.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I do believe that we will have a new coach next year.  We can't afford not to.  There will at least be hundreds that will not renew season tickets with Littrell at the helm...me included.  I like Seth personally but a new coach needs familiarity with what they are capable of and what players that his name might attract.  I realize that the payout of Seth's contract might be a hill to climb but I trust Wren.  He has been uncanny in meeting his budget.  If anyone can find a way out of this mess it's him.  We won't be able to pay some of the good coaches what they were making at their last stop.  

Agreed. I love my school but I will not attend another game with Littrell leading this team. I know what we get with him and the results aren't good. I know many others feel the same way and it shows in our attendance numbers. No reason we shouldn't have sold out the bowl game other than the fact that many knew another Littrell bowl game special was in the works and he didn't "disappoint" in that aspect. I do find it interesting that the AD has so far shown he would rather save the buyout money and continue to lose fans and the income that generates rather than reinvigorate the fan base with a new head coach with fresh ideas. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

On 12/28/2021 at 11:46 AM, Professor Lambeau said:

Not being fired.

Yeah, that 1-6 start was a gimme that he was going to get canned. Amazing how apathy at the highest levels of the university by not doing a damn thing about it ended up working out in the end. I’ll at least give Spanky some credit, I don’t think this team woulda pulled off that winning streak had PB taken over as interim. 

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2