High point of the Seth Littrell era so far?

TheTastyGreek

High point of the Seth Littrell era so far?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which conference championship, bowl victory, or win over a ranked team do you feel has been Seth's greatest achievement so far at North Texas?

• 11/27/21 - North Texas upsets #22 UTSA
    • None of the above

This is going to be an unpopular take but......

Beating UTSA was great in the moment and in the long run, it'll be talked forever about as the UNT/UTSA rivalry continues.

In the short term, it made us bowl eligible, we accepted a made up* bowl game, a bowl game which when first announced  the official name of it was, "TBA Bowl Game, Frisco, TX" played 30 minutes down the road in a stadium high schools and middle schools use for games, ultimately setting us back in my opinion from moving on to a new coach/vision and behind in recruiting. 

The unpopular take is that I can't view the UTSA win right now in any other context than that win propelled into a three week period where we should have been announcing a new coach, putting together a new staff, implementing a new vision and recruiting new student-athletes.  

Arkansas TD was absolutely wild and I love bringing it up in mixed company with Arkansas fans! (So far they've been pretty good sports about it!)

*If you had $200K to spare you could have been a title sponsor and called it the "Who's Next?" Bowl Game (verified) as in who's the next UNT Coach

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Nobody, in the big scheme of college football cares one iota about CUSA schools. So when we beat Arkansas as bad as we did, especially with the greatest punt return in football history, that got tons of media and CFB fans to notice…and then we blew it.

Dude we aren’t in the CUSA anymore!  We’re P6 AAC baby!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 12/24/2021 at 3:54 PM, MeanGreenZen said:

Actually, the high point may have been when Rick V. awkwardly gave Seth’s wife those flowers at the introductory press conference. Unintentional comedy is my favorite.

See 13:00 minute mark.  Was a little awkward with the wait for her to come on stage and his tie getting a little tangled up in the exchange.  Actually, it led to a touching moment, IMO, when Rick gave flowers to his own wife.  I'm glad Rick was promoted from AD to Mean Green fan.  Good guy and a participant in making this week's official tailgate the success that it was.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1

23 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

See 13:00 minute mark.  Was a little awkward with the wait for her to come on stage and his tie getting a little tangled up in the exchange.  Actually, it led to a touching moment, IMO, when Rick gave flowers to his own wife.  I'm glad Rick was promoted from AD to Mean Green fan.  Good guy and a participant in making this week's official tailgate the success that it was.

Everyone was so young...and full of...hope

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1