DRC: Five thoughts on UNT's loss in the Frisco Football Classic -- UNT just blew its big chance for a postseason win

Brett Vito

Attendance will be just as abysmal next season if we don't have a new coach. Littrell teams are predictable and defeat in bowl games or games of meaning are now the norm and not the exception. Most people are taking the fool's gold anymore. Littrell has peaked here and I think most of the fan base sees that now. What exactly has his 2 million dollar salary gotten us? Excitement for a 6 win season and satisfaction at making a made up, run of the mill bowl game

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Attendance will be just as abysmal next season if we don't have a new coach. Littrell teams are predictable and defeat in bowl games or games of meaning are now the norm and not the exception. Most people are taking the fool's gold anymore. Littrell has peaked here and I think most of the fan base sees that now. What exactly has his 2 million dollar salary gotten us? Excitement for a 6 win season and satisfaction at making a made up, run of the mill bowl game

True. With +300K alumni in the region, we couldn't sell out a 20k stadium in our backyard. That is a direct reflection of how apathy is growing within our fan base, and it's a result of Littrell's failures as our head coach. UNT is one of the fastest growing universities in the nation. Our football support among of fans should be growing too, but because Littrell loses, support is shrinking.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

I'll say it again.....

FIVE BOWL GAMES AND SETH CAN'T WIN ONE OF THEM.

Wren....do you not see a pattern here?

I find how we lost these games (with the exception of Army, I suppose) to be more concerning. Yes, we played some good teams, but we’ve never seemed prepared to compete. 

• Upvote 1

Well, we played two of those bowl games with a losing record so I really didn't expect us to win. Utah State was a top 25 team, Fine got hurt early, so I am going to set that one aside as well. Troy and Miami were basically u-pick-ems and we got thumped by both. What really surprised me yesterday is the the O line that pushed UTSA around was ineffective , but they basically were facing a 9 man front that dared us to pass. Our defense is what it is, but they were on the field 17 minutes longer than the Red Hawks as we only had the ball for 20 minutes. Our QB play was probably a C+ , which is an area that needs a major upgrade. Moving forward we need above average play at that position which no one on the roster appears to possess the skill set required.