FIRE SETH NOW

p_phelps

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I wanted him gone after last season. I’m so tired of this. Tired of mediocrity. Tired of a fanbase thinking this okay. It’s not enjoyable anymore. With Mason I at least felt like we were able to win any game, now I just hold my breath every time the offense is on the field. This is an offensive guru? Give me a break. Andrew McNulty was a better QB than Aune. How do you not find a competent replacement in 3 years? No discipline yet again with too many costly penalties, and a head coach that looks like he couldn’t give a shit on the sidelines. It’s pathetic. Truly pathetic. Fire him now. Every other coach Wren has hired is better than this clown. Pull the plug and get someone who gives a damn about winning.

This. This post is exactly how I feel

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, MrAlien said:

With the way the portal works, and recruiting, they need a coaching system in place now.  I think its to late to fire him, if they expect to find success in the transfer market, they need a coaching staff in place now. 

It would be wise for Baker to show any potential suitors the results Luke Walerius has put together and say, “You can replace any other coaches you want… but Walerius is staying.”  And looking at his results, I’m sure that guy would be fine with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

An average qb is what he needs! If he is canned Bennett is probably gone which I think would be a mass exodus of players. Then we are back into a rebuild.

This is true, we don’t need a Mason Fine to be good, all we really need is a Derek Thompson but that seems to be hard for us to find lately.

Watching the quarterbacks warm up, it is clear to me and Ruder’s talent far exceeds that of both Aune and Martin. We really need to get him over the indecision and “deer in the headlights” look because he has the potential to be far better than any quarterback we have seen in green.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

Aune’s problem is the timing of his release. He gets confused whether he is throwing a baseball or a football which causes him to overthrow some and throw some into the dirt. On occasion he gets it right. 

I have to wonder if part of it is their lackadaisical warmups throwing their timing off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

And hardware…let’s not conveniently leave that out

Absolutely.

4 conference championships & a NO Bowl trophy during a time when NT athletics’ expectations were lower than ever (we just moved back up to D1A like 5 years prior!) needs to be mentioned.   DD played a huge role in raising expectations around here.  And even RV fired him when he could no-longer sustain those expectations.

Littrell-himself set new expectations in 2016-2018.  I can understand a down year (hey, let’s just blame Reeder & move on!), but the down years continued with zero hardware to show for it.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Watching the quarterbacks warm up, it is clear to me and Ruder’s talent far exceeds that of both Aune and Martin. We really need to get him over the indecision and “deer in the headlights” look because he has the potential to be far better than any quarterback we have seen in green.

I was pushing for him to see some PT in the bowl game so I understand the sentiment.  However with all the practice experience he has he has never put it together.  I just think he lacks calm under pressure mindset a QB needs.  After that second interception it was the perfect time to start Ruder the second half.  I think that decision among many highlights a stubborn streak that doesn’t work at G5 programs who typically don’t have a big talent gap between them and their opponents.  Coaches at G5 have to make adjustments because they lack depth and sometimes they strike out recruiting a particular position.  That was part of McCarney’s problem too.  He is a mediocre head coach who might be decent at blue blood program.  The KSU position would have been a disaster, good program but not a top of the conference program.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Well, I’ll tell you this is probably the last Littrell game I ever attend. Our fans are not engaged at the games and don’t care, and neither do I anymore to be honest.

I had more passion in the McCarney years, as sad as that is.

Understandable because the stadium was still brand new and McCarney came in with a lot of passion as a legitimate FBS level coach.  I think he really believed we could be what the Cincinnati Bearcats are today with the right moves back then. (I did/do also so that what makes me all the more upset when people try to sell bringing Seth back).  His goals were beyond selling out Apogee to getting it capacity expanded.   The a new practice facility was on the horizon.  There was just more to look forward to then.

I am not going to try to sell you Seth 2022, but please at least come to one game or two.   Even if it is to chant “Seth Must Go” while SMU is Pummeling us.  More Apathy is the worst thing we can have right now.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2021 at 9:42 PM, MGNation92 said:

I wanted him gone after last season. I’m so tired of this. Tired of mediocrity. Tired of a fanbase thinking this okay. It’s not enjoyable anymore. With Mason I at least felt like we were able to win any game, now I just hold my breath every time the offense is on the field. This is an offensive guru? Give me a break. Andrew McNulty was a better QB than Aune. How do you not find a competent replacement in 3 years? No discipline yet again with too many costly penalties, and a head coach that looks like he couldn’t give a shit on the sidelines. It’s pathetic. Truly pathetic. Fire him now. Every other coach Wren has hired is better than this clown. Pull the plug and get someone who gives a damn about winning.

Double bump. Now recruiting is officially a dumpster fire and we’ve lost 3 starters in a 24 hour period

Fire Littrell. Now.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1