FIRE SETH NOW

p_phelps

21 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

I predicted a win today and I still said he should be shown the door as NT enters the AAC.  Today just solidifies my take. NT needs a new coach and a fresh set of offensive skilled position players. Defense played well enough to win, offense and the passing attack just flat out stunk. MO played the run all night and knew Aune would not beat them. 

Aune’s problem is the timing of his release. He gets confused whether he is throwing a baseball or a football which causes him to overthrow some and throw some into the dirt. On occasion he gets it right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenPatriot said:

I am not saying I want a coach that rants and raves all the time but I do want someone that shows some emotion. SL is just an emotionless robot on the sidelines that doesn’t appear to care at all.

This seems to come up more and more when a coach is losing.

If a coach is winning, I don't think people really care.

• Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

An average qb is what he needs! If he is canned Bennett is probably gone which I think would be a mass exodus of players. Then we are back into a rebuild.

After what we've seen since Mason Fine left, your prescription is settling for mediocrity at the qb position? I'm not sure how that would sound out on the recruiting trail, "hey we see you as our best hope for an average passing game". Honestly though, it seems that for the last 2 years we've never risen to the level of adequate qb play, so maybe you have a point. Wouldn't it be better though, to aim higher, even giving a shot to others on the roster, just on the off chance that they might be one of those who is better in a game than in practice?

Give him next season and see how it goes. I was impressed the season was turned around and it was cool we played today. Not well but we played. If next year goes south then we have a new coach headed into the AAC which will attract a higher caliber coach than maybe CUSA, possibly. My two cents. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 3

2 hours ago, Moobs said:

I’ve said all along, he should have been fired during or at the conclusion of the regular season. Now is too late. The coaching carousel has started to slow down and settle in place. We all know what happens when you go looking for an OC or DC later than everyone else, and it’s not pretty. It has to be even worse to go HC hunting later than everyone else. At this point, he needs to stay for another year.

Nope worse case scenario give Phil Bennett the job with a 3 year contract.  Build in an affordable buyout and see what he can do. 🤷🏽‍♂️  Because if we don’t have a QB who can complete 60% and throw double digit TD 2022 will be 0.500 season again at best.  Bring in the head coach from South Oakcliff.  It would be a good marketing move.  🤷🏽‍♂️ Hey it might blow up in your face like Dodge did but at least they know now to surround a high school coach with experienced FBS coaches from day one.  You want Apogee empty bring Seth back let them go 1-3.  You essentially have the Phil Bennett experiment then anyway because Seth is probably fired after loss 3.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Seth is 29 & 29. We have coaches in our Football  Hall of Fame with worse winning percentages.

So because historically the programs been bad we should hang on to mediocre that is trending down and hope for the best?  🤔Maybe we should been that lenient with Dickey and see what he could do with decent athletic facilities and a new stadium.  Not familiar with the coaches in the Hall of Fame except Odfus Mitchell, so how many of those Hall of Fame Coaches have zero conference titles and zero bowls wins?

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

How many really bad plays from our QB for the other 6 L's?

Not sure, but irrelevant because I didn’t mention those games in my post. 
IMO if the game plan is right, if the play call is correct, yet is poorly executed by the QB, that is on the player, not the coach. 
Yes, you can argue that the QB should have been developed more, or with a better coach wouldn’t make mistakes, but let’s be real here, we’re not working with five star athletes. Players are going to know the call and just fail to make the play. As a coach, there’s only so much you can do. 

I’m not going to get my panties in a wad over this loss. The season is actually a bright spot considering where we were. Would I like to have won? Yes, of course. But sports aren’t life, and I really consider this just a bonus game anyway. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

34 minutes ago, Snowy said:

Not sure, but irrelevant because I didn’t mention those games in my post. 
IMO if the game plan is right, if the play call is correct, yet is poorly executed by the QB, that is on the player, not the coach. 
Yes, you can argue that the QB should have been developed more, or with a better coach wouldn’t make mistakes, but let’s be real here, we’re not working with five star athletes. Players are going to know the call and just fail to make the play. As a coach, there’s only so much you can do. 

I’m not going to get my panties in a wad over this loss. The season is actually a bright spot considering where we were. Would I like to have won? Yes, of course. But sports aren’t life, and I really consider this just a bonus game anyway. 

Considering the outcome and way we reached that outcome, that wasn't a bonus at all.

• Upvote 3

Other than the money, why would we keep Seth around? We know what we get with him. Occasional fluke win here and there, just to lose games when they matter and get blown out in bowl games against teams we match up with on paper. Don't know if I've ever seen a coach blow as many big opportunities as I've seen Seth blow

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Why would anyone take time out of a busy Christmas week to watch Seth & Aune choke on a winnable game?  

Asking myself the same question. Could have done a lot today but for some reason I thought it would be a fun day. The loss was not the worst part. To me we were never in a groove. The team looked off but especially Aune. Another one of those games where the fence sitting fans were lost for a while. Heard many people talking about this as a ho him experiance. Lots of people tailgating which I was hoping was a good sign…

• Upvote 4

I wanted him gone after last season. I’m so tired of this. Tired of mediocrity. Tired of a fanbase thinking this okay. It’s not enjoyable anymore. With Mason I at least felt like we were able to win any game, now I just hold my breath every time the offense is on the field. This is an offensive guru? Give me a break. Andrew McNulty was a better QB than Aune. How do you not find a competent replacement in 3 years? No discipline yet again with too many costly penalties, and a head coach that looks like he couldn’t give a shit on the sidelines. It’s pathetic. Truly pathetic. Fire him now. Every other coach Wren has hired is better than this clown. Pull the plug and get someone who gives a damn about winning.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

No discipline yet again with too many costly penalties, and a head coach that looks like he couldn’t give a shit on the sidelines. It’s pathetic.

I am telling you Seth is more worried about his golf game, I am not joking. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3