FIRE SETH NOW

p_phelps

I’ve said all along, he should have been fired during or at the conclusion of the regular season. Now is too late. The coaching carousel has started to slow down and settle in place. We all know what happens when you go looking for an OC or DC later than everyone else, and it’s not pretty. It has to be even worse to go HC hunting later than everyone else. At this point, he needs to stay for another year.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

I am curious about those like @emmitt01and others who seemed to have changed their minds and wanted to keep SL after UTSA… have you guys flipped back? Love to know the aftermath of a game like this. 

I still believe you keep him. I think he gives the best chance for success next year than a new coach. If not fire him next year and save the $2m.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

I still believe you keep him. I think he gives the best chance for success next year than a new coach. If not fire him next year and save the $2m.

Honest question… what makes you believe he can turn it around? What makes you think he gives us the best chance for success? I will hang up and listen. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Travis said:

I am curious about those like @emmitt01and others who seemed to have changed their minds and wanted to keep SL after UTSA… have you guys flipped back? Love to know the aftermath of a game like this. 

Hey he left early. He doesn’t get an opinion…. Even if he looked ok in that Santa hat… 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 5

5 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I think he gets next year, but what I saw today was pathetic.  

His adamant refusal to quit the Aune experiment is on par with McCarney’s blind loyalty to McNulty…keep ramming that square peg into that round hole thinking it will fit eventually

I also think he gets next year. But I don’t want him to. I guess what I am asking you (and the others who flipped) is do you still want him back like you did after UTSA?

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Moobs said:

I’ve said all along, he should have been fired during or at the conclusion of the regular season. Now is too late. The coaching carousel has started to slow down and settle in place. We all know what happens when you go looking for an OC or DC later than everyone else, and it’s not pretty. It has to be even worse to go HC hunting later than everyone else. At this point, he needs to stay for another year.

Unfortunately I think you're correct. It's probably too late now 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Travis said:

Honest question… what makes you believe he can turn it around? What makes you think he gives us the best chance for success? I will hang up and listen. 

An average qb is what he needs! If he is canned Bennett is probably gone which I think would be a mass exodus of players. Then we are back into a rebuild.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I predicted a win today and I still said he should be shown the door as NT enters the AAC.  Today just solidifies my take. NT needs a new coach and a fresh set of offensive skilled position players. Defense played well enough to win, offense and the passing attack just flat out stunk. MO played the run all night and knew Aune would not beat them. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Travis said:

Not speaking for anyone else, but I've never flipped into the "keep seth" camp. I just became accepting that he would be back next year. But after seeing us loose to a middle of the road MAC team with the same old BS, it's time. We can't keep on like this. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Travis said:

Next year we have a much weaker schedule. We will win 7-8; the green-glasses fans will get giddy, and Seth will get an extension. We will get to the AAC and get our butts kicked.

• Lovely Take 2
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1