Where do we go from here?

TCC Mean Green

25 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

If Wren could get an Eric Morris In here, keep Bennet and could care less about the $2m buy out then do it. I just don't see this happening, if you lose Bennet you are in a rebuild. The must frustrating part of this is you had thought we had turned the corner on the play of a 1-6 team!! Today we played exactly like that 1-6 team. Pathetic.

A rebuild isn't as bad as staying on our current course. We will be in the American soon, and need to right the ship now. We need a new captain. Time to fire Seth.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

A rebuild isn't as bad as staying on our current course. We will be in the American soon, and need to right the ship now. We need a new captain. Time to fire Seth.

And I saw quite a few folks saying that next season’s schedule is much easier, so Seth should be able to get to 7-8 wins easily….  I wonder what a better coach might be able to do?  We cannot waste the buffer year in CUSA before the move up.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Professor Lambeau said:

If I am a backup QB and I have watched the coach not make a change due to very poor play, then there is no way I would stay.

12 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Good. I hope so.

You should not trust the Evaluation skills of the current staff.  So there is nothing positive about them leaving if the same staff is selecting their replacements and coaching them up.  This is another reason why keep Seth & Offensive staff in place should be a non-starter.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, texx2818 said:

What’s concerning is to look at how basketball has never really regained the Johnny Jones era crowds, especially not student attendance which is non-existent. 

I know this is probably worthY of a “beating a dead horse” gif, but the pit crew needs to be brought back with a legitimate effort to rebuild it. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

If Wren could get an Eric Morris In here, keep Bennet and could care less about the $2m buy out then do it. I just don't see this happening, if you lose Bennet you are in a rebuild. The must frustrating part of this is you had thought we had turned the corner on the play of a 1-6 team!! Today we played exactly like that 1-6 team. Pathetic.

If we set on taking another former Mike Leach RB coach, let’s get the one before SL instead of the one after SL. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

You can do way better than Bennett as HC.  It is true he didn't have a fair shake in admitting athletes at SMU, but he had some really bonehead decisions.  And his D wasn't very good either.  And he was not good with boosters. Just not a fit at HC.

Agreed but I feel like I am on Let’s Make a Deal.  Revealed behind curtain number one is a jackass so go home now with a jackass or take whatever is in the weathered Mystery box (Phil Bennett) .  So I will take whatever is in the mystery box.  Hell Todd Dodge with a new OC, QB Coach and retaining Phil Bennett is a deal I would take now. 🤣😂🤣😂. It would be a horrible marketing move but of jokes on ESPN and talking head shows every time the program is brought up but if he wins all would be forgiven.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Haha 1

I found it peculiar that Seth nor any players spoke on the postgame radio show. It doesn’t appear they had the usual postgame presser either. Maybe it was nothing or maybe something is in the works.

And if I want to go full tin foil hat, maybe “something in the works” is why we signed so few on early signing day.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I found it peculiar that Seth nor any players spoke on the postgame radio show. It doesn’t appear they had the usual postgame presser either. Maybe it was nothing or maybe something is in the works.

And if I want to go full tin foil hat, maybe “something in the works” is why we signed so few on early signing day.

We usually see a highlight video by now as well, no matter how short the performance may necessitate. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I found it interesting all the way back at the AAC announcement in the Stadium Club.  Wren mentioned Seth randomly toward the end, oh-by-the-way.  The camera panned to Seth and he appeared to be standing seemingly by himself in the room, not sure?  No comments at the podium from the Football coach about a major conference change was odd.  It was just very light, polite golf-clap by the crowd.  Seth appeared like he had NO desire to be there at all.  It just all looked awkward.

After the game, I went to the Dan McCarney Therapy Program.

Still pushing through it.... still on step 1.... not clear on what comes next.... I'm not going to give up though.... I believe in The Don Daddy Danny Mac and if he say's drink grey goose to cure all, dammit that's what I'll do....if you're still looking for a direction, here's a refresher if you don't know or don't remember:

"Nothing..... a little Grey Goose won’t cure."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/dan-mccarney-suffered-stroke-thinks-vodka-him-feel-175611451.html

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 7.41.31 PM.png

Edited by Pseudo Nym
  • Upvote 1