Where do we go from here?

TCC Mean Green

1 minute ago, Wag Tag said:

It’s the talent of the back ups!! He better find an experienced transfer!

He filled our open qb scholarships with an fcs qb that played 5 games and the LA tech back up. AND HOPEFULLY  Anune comes back and they can learn from him as they back him up

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 minutes ago, laxtonto said:

The problem is if you fire him and then spend the money to buy him out and his assistants then you are pot committed to hiring someone now. The problem with that is we are seeing a massive hiring cycle in the college ranks this year (way more than most years which can be somewhat attributed to COVID) in whihc we would be the latest of the job open. So we are going to be fishing in a shallow pond that has been pretty heavily picked over..

Unless we already have "our guy" lined up right now, do you want to go out and hire a retread and be prepared to be doing this again in 3 years, during the early part of our move into the AAC?

For every coach hired, there is likely one fired.

There are plenty of ex HC's, lower classification HC's and a myriad of asst. coaches looking to move up.  

Paying Littrell's contract off maybe a lot cheaper than a bad season next year.

There is a lot of young talent on this squad, but with the portal and a lot of good HS players still available: NT shouldn't worry about losing recruits.  

The question at this point is does Littrell have an upside compared to his career thus far.   Baker earn your pay.   

• Upvote 6

As sure as the sun sets in the west, even after a 5 game win streak and beating a Top 25 team, after each loss come the threads to fire Seth.  

One-track minds around here.  We're the oppo of Lego's "everything is awesome" mantra:  here it's "everything sucks and needs to be burned down".

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 2

33 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

We just got whipped by a middle of the road MAC team in a home game. 

People forget this team missed an appearance in their conference championship game by losing to Kent State by 1 point in overtime in the final week of the season. 

We were much further away from an appearance in the CUSA championship than that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

11 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

As sure as the sun sets in the west, even after a 5 game win streak and beating a Top 25 team, after each loss come the threads to fire Seth.  

One-track minds around here.  We're the oppo of Lego's "everything is awesome" mantra:  here it's "everything sucks and needs to be burned down".

If you call this a successful season then idk what to tell you 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

And as that same sun comes up in the east, even after that same coach finishes his 4th straight losing season, comes the threads about how we should be happy almost winning. #Hit6 should be some we strive for. Lets keep aiming for "at lease we weren't last"

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

Fuente. Harrell. Bennett.

Just make it happen

You want to see a HC worse than SL? Hire Bennett and that's what you'll get.  Seriously.  I watched his teams.  You don't have to do that, just look him up on Wiki and see his overall record as a HC.

Please retire any Bennett-for-HC thoughts.  Even if it means keeping SL.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

You want to see a HC worse than SL? Hire Bennett and that's what you'll get.  Seriously.  I watched his teams.  You don't have to do that, just look him up on Wiki and see his overall record as a HC.

EDIT: Possibly raising hell by doing this, but I'm going to page some of our SMU trolls to chime in, if they have their own thoughts on Coach Bennett as a HC.  @DentonStang @SMU2006 @SMUleopold @SMUMustangs2018 @smustangfan @Pony Fan @PONYEXPRESS

You wholly misinterpreted that. I meant them as a combo. HC OC and DC

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

Dear Becca, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, greenminer said:

EDIT: Possibly raising hell by doing this, but I'm going to page some of our SMU trolls to chime in, if they have their own thoughts on Coach Bennett as a HC.  @DentonStang @SMU2006 @SMUleopold @SMUMustangs2018 @smustangfan @Pony Fan @PONYEXPRESS

Agree, some people are better Coordinators. Not that it matters now, but SMU did loosen it's admittance standards after PB left to allow more options in recruiting.

So…don’t we still, essentially, have our pick of any FCS head coach, any FBS OC/DC, some G5 head coaches, and all the guys currently unemployed. Sure a lot of guys already got hired, but many of those got hired to jobs we couldn’t have outbid anyway. I suppose some guys that JUST got hired to jobs we would typically consider poachable may have buyouts too high. But I can’t imagine someone like Eric Morris wouldn’t still be an option even though he just took an OC job. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, UNTexas said:

They had some very good moments for a squad stuck on the field endlessly supporting a pathetic offense. 

They did outside of the constant Murphy twin on the ground with an injury or shoulder bumping a ref because your brother jumped offside. At least PB gave him an earful. Personally he should have been thrown out for the ref bump, but instead he sits a few plays and goes back in.

• Upvote 2

Where do we go from here?  We go no where.  We will be having this same discussion next season and most likely the season after that.  I am not going to another game or buying season tickets again until something changes.  With the Benford era I stopped buying season tickets after his second season.  I had seen enough and knew things were not going to get better.  I only attended a few games when I let my season tickets go.   I bought them again when Grant was hired.  Good thing at UNT you can give up your tickets for a couple of years and still be able to buy new ones without a problem.  I am done with SL football experiment.

Driving home from the game I was upset with spending the money and the time watching the train wreck.   No more.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Where do we go from here?  We go no where.  We will be having this same discussion next season and most likely the season after that.  I am not going to another game or buying season tickets again until something changes.  With the Benford era I stopped buying season tickets after his second season.  I had seen enough and knew things were not going to get better.  I only attended a few games when I let my season tickets go.   I bought them again when Grant was hired.  Good thing at UNT you can give up your tickets for a couple of years and still be able to buy new ones without a problem.  I am done with SL football experiment.

Driving home from the game I was upset with spending the money and the time watching the train wreck.   No more.

This. And people wonder why we couldn't sell out a bowl game right down the road from us. Continual results like what we just saw are the reason why. A coach that is 0-4 and now 0-5 in bowl games is why. Some people have been there and seen that song and dance before.

• Upvote 4

If Wren could get an Eric Morris In here, keep Bennet and could care less about the $2m buy out then do it. I just don't see this happening, if you lose Bennet you are in a rebuild. The must frustrating part of this is you had thought we had turned the corner on the play of a 1-6 team!! Today we played exactly like that 1-6 team. Pathetic.