Where do we go from here?

TCC Mean Green

Hard to can him with how bad the current market is for available coaches, but I know before the UTSA many were stating he needed to win both the UTSA and bowl game to keep his job.

The real problem is that if you fire him can you get a better option this year or do you do like Neb and give the guy a lame duck year knowing that he has no real chance of hitting 9 wins/making the conf title game/winning a decent bowl game.

Essentially you go into next year already starting a search and planning on canning Seth once he is no longer going to be able to make the conference title game.

• Upvote 4

Change of some kind has to happen. Defense looked great. Discipline was garbage still (Giving a Ref the shoulder after a play? Unreal) That’s on Littrell.  Aune’s turnovers cost the game pure and simple. After those the play calling changed and the offense was a joke. Again, on Littrell. He’s supposed to be the Offensive Guru? Littrell will be back but the excuses through coach speak are old. We are headed to the AAC very soon so we need our sh$t together and fixed next season. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

This game was miserable to watch, glad I didn't waste $$ on a ticket.

Aune's turnovers cost us, as did the penalties on both sides of the ball... very undisciplined team. I think another factor was not having our RB Torrey to shoulder the load, with him out I don't think the others backs helped much. Plus not scoring after that "gift" of a completion call in the 4th Qtr hurt too, and certainly was the nail in the coffin for this game.

Ugh... we need some change, but at thins time I do not know if Littrell is "the Guy" to get us where we need to be before we hit the AAC.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, laxtonto said:

Hard to can him with how bad the current market is for available coaches, but I know before the UTSA many were stating he needed to win both the UTSA and bowl game to keep his job.

The real problem is that if you fire him can you get a better option this year or do you do like Neb and give the guy a lame duck year knowing that he has no real chance of hitting 9 wins/making the conf title game/winning a decent bowl game.

Essentially you go into next year already starting a search and planning on canning Seth once he is no longer going to be able to make the conference title game.

Option is fire him or not, should have nothing to do with nest year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Option is fire him or not, should have nothing to do with nest year. 

The problem is if you fire him and then spend the money to buy him out and his assistants then you are pot committed to hiring someone now. The problem with that is we are seeing a massive hiring cycle in the college ranks this year (way more than most years which can be somewhat attributed to COVID) in whihc we would be the latest of the job open. So we are going to be fishing in a shallow pond that has been pretty heavily picked over..

Unless we already have "our guy" lined up right now, do you want to go out and hire a retread and be prepared to be doing this again in 3 years, during the early part of our move into the AAC?

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

If Anne is that much better than Ruder they both need to go. I still don’t think you fire him. There is no gain in my mind. I believe Seth has a better chance of winning next year with Bennett than if you bring in a new guy. If he doesn’t then you can fire him and save the $2m.

• Downvote 3