Frisco Football Classic Game Thread

Coach Andy Mac

1 minute ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Other than Mason, Seth has shown he cannot recruit or develop D1 quarterbacks.  Maybe one day he'll get lucky and find another Mason ... or we'll get lucky and we'll get a new head coach.

Mason's progression did not improve after GH left. Seth did not find and recruit Mason, he made a phone call and was lucky. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If we don't turn it around this we be 4 straight losing seasons, but hey, Seth deserved another season.

For what? I am still waiting for answer that makes sense.   If you get 2 consecutive annual reviews that are below average, then you spend half of year 3 atrociously bad but rally to be mediocre you really think your employer should bring you back for year 4?  This is ridiculous. You do know the undefeated team we beat was UTSA with their legendary deep and storied history of playing Football on any level?   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

So hows the “Keep Seth Littrell” train going?

Don’t know that many people were ever on that train. Most of us just understood that he likely saved his job with the winning streak and quit shitposting in every thread how he needed to be fired. Most people understand Seth isn’t the answer and we needed to move on, but it was almost certainly not going to happen. 
If this game doesn’t get him fired then I am not sure what will. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mike Jackson said:

For what? I am still waiting for answer that makes sense.   If you get 2 consecutive annual reviews that are below average, then you spend half of year 3 atrociously bad but rally to be mediocre you really think your employer should bring you back for year 4?  This is ridiculous. You do know the undefeated team we beat was UTSA with their legendary deep and storied history of playing Football on any level?   

I guess my sarcasm did not come through 😈

3 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Don’t know that many people were ever on that train. Most of us just understood that he likely saved his job with the winning streak and quit shitposting in every thread how he needed to be fired. Most people understand Seth isn’t the answer and we needed to move on, but it was almost certainly not going to happen. 

This definitely wasn’t the gist I was getting from many on here.   But if so, fair enough.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I got the strong feeling most people were after UTSA. The theme I gathered quite clearly is that he earned himself another year. Most that were against him changed opinions. It seemed those still wanting him gone were more of a minority. I think simply looking at the likes versus dislikes of such posts speak to that as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This definitely wasn’t the gist I was getting from many on here.   But if so, fair enough.

I feel like people from both sides (including me) got caught up in posting for the sake of posting.  Take a step back.  We all want what's best for UNT, not SL.

I was never of the opinion that the win streak meant this team was great.  I just felt like it was okay to keep riding it until we face better competition.

After today, I feel very strongly that SL should be fired.  If he's not, he needs to find a QB in a hurry because every single game in 2022 should be him coaching for his job.  No more of this "let the entire season play out" stuff if we start, say, 1-3.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I feel like people from both sides (including me) got caught up in posting for the sake of posting.  Take a step back.  We all want what's best for UNT, not SL.

I was never of the opinion that the win streak meant this team was great.  I just felt like it was okay to keep riding it until we face better competition.

After today, I feel very strongly that SL should be fired.  If he's not, he needs to find a QB in a hurry because every single game in 2022 should be him coaching for his job.  No more of this "let the entire season play out" stuff if we start, say, 1-3.

Also fair.