Frisco Football Classic Game Thread

Coach Andy Mac

1 hour ago, meangreanmick said:

This, they dared us to throw and we couldn’t.  Switch QBs and we win by 3 scores.

This shows us 2 things, our coach can’t solve   the QB room, and coaches in CUSA aren’t that good.

Sure. While we sat in 12 personnel. Then when we got out of 12, they just manned us. We didn't commit to the run regardless of how you chop it. 

We passed it 3 times in a row on their 14 yard line down 3..turnover on downs. This was 1st half. That. Is. Dumb. Football. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

A 6-6 MAC team is better than UTEP or UTSA?   …be careful how you answer that last one.   Heck, we played Liberty closer than MiOH!

UTEP, yes. UTSA we took advantage and handled the weather, they choked. 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1

We got beat soundly but not jaw dropping bad giving up 40 points and/or not scoring double digits.  I think that was the worse case scenario imo.  If we were going to lose I wanted to go down to the last drive of the game or a blowout to force Wren to make a move.  What a waste of time for the Mean Green fans who went to Frisco.  I really feel bad for them.  I think everyone justifiably thought we would be competitive; a fourth quarter game trailing by 5 at the most.  

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

We got beat soundly but not jaw dropping bad giving up 40 points and/or not scoring double digits.  I think that was the worse case scenario imo.  If we were going to lose I wanted to go down to the last drive of the game or a blowout to force Wren to make a move.  What a waste of time for the Mean Green fans who went to Frisco.  I really feel bad for them.  I think everyone justifiably thought we would be competitive; a fourth quarter game trailing by 5 at the most.  

I think anyone that watched the game is fully aware of how badly we were beaten. I really thought we were going to throttle them. There was a bizarre lack of intensity this afternoon.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

A 6-6 MAC team is better than UTEP or UTSA?   …be careful how you answer that last one.   Heck, we played Liberty closer than MiOH!

UTEP is nothing to write home about and nutsak had nothing to play for in the elements. We caught them at an emotional letdown.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

So UTSA and all the other teams we beat down the stretch weren’t doing that?   Boy, don’t they feel stupid!

Nope.   Not to that level.  They probably should have though.   We averaged 2.8 yds per carry today.    

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This definitely wasn’t the gist I was getting from many on here.   But if so, fair enough.

I think the voices calling for Seth’s (in every thread no matter the subject) were so loud that all nuanced positions were drowned out. There were a couple of SL defenders that responded each time ad nauseum but my impression is that most were pragmatic that the firing had become unlikely and yelling about how unimpressive the wins were was unproductive. Others were in wait and see mode, preferring to evaluate the bowl result before deciding. Personally I thought Wren had likely already decided to keep him and the bowl was unlikely to change that. I still assume that, although I would probably prefer to move on and rebuild with a new coach and QB. 

• Upvote 5

Don’t feel sorry for me for making the 2 hour drive to Frisco.  My buddy and I enjoyed our $12.50 watered down beers and $11 brisket nachos😁 Wish I could have made the tailgating, but sometimes life gets in the way.  Though we lost, I’m still glad I went.

As for the game:  1) We were definitely without fire or emotion.  I felt the stadium in general lacked emotion.  It was very weird. 2) Our QB play is, um, uh…not very good. 3) I tend to think not having Torrey didn’t make a huge difference.  4) The undisciplined play that was basically absent during the winning streak reared it’s ugly head. (More on that later) 5) I don’t feel as though we were dominated as some have expressed.  If we score, which we should have, with 9 minutes left, we cut the lead to 6 and we would have had momentum.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that 3 of Miami’s scoring drives were aided by 15 yard penalties that I would classify as “undisciplined.”  The Faulkner late hit out of bounds, one Murphy bumping the ref (or whatever he did) after the other late hit the QB, and one other that I can’t recall that I believe happened in the 2nd quarter (this penalty may have been a facemask, which I don’t generally consider undisciplined).  I felt all of those were huge penalties that really benefited Miami.

And I’ll end with a little bad news for most of us:  SL will be back.  

Merry Christmas

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1