Frisco Football Classic Game Thread

Coach Andy Mac

16 minutes ago, greenminer said:

More way-too-early, knee-jerk reaction:

I can't believe how much of this game plan we put on Austin's arm, even early on.  Someone posted that Miami was selling out to stop the run, and I don't know about that.  I was seeing a lot of push from our OL.

I mentioned that about them selling out against the run.   They were putting 8 or 9 guys in a tight box probably within 10 yards of the LOS, depending on whether or not NT went 2 or 3 wide.   It is hard for the best running teams to run through that.    You can push the DL, but the LB's and Safety are all right there.

The safety was in the box consistently, leaving the WR's all 1 on 1 with no safety help.   They dared us to throw the ball.    An average QB would have shredded that defense.

I am sure that Seth wanted to run the ball.  But, he saw that was just not possible.    But, it is his fault that we don't even have an average QB to take advantage of a huge passing opportunity.

Another embarrassing bowl loss.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y’all, this is a middling MAC team.

And we abandoned the running offense that got us here, why?   It’s not like Ragsdale/Adeyi/Johnson can’t execute it.  Maybe not as well as Torrey, but our OL was still intact.  I don’t understand.

S E T H

7 minutes ago, akriesman said:

I mentioned that about them selling out against the run.   They were putting 8 or 9 guys in a tight box probably within 10 yards of the LOS, depending on whether or not NT went 2 or 3 wide.   It is hard for the best running teams to run through that.    You can push the DL, but the LB's and Safety are all right there.

So UTSA and all the other teams we beat down the stretch weren’t doing that?   Boy, don’t they feel stupid!

11 minutes ago, outoftown said:

when looking at the overall record of SL the UTSA win seems like an abberation. The only win over a team that was actually good in that season. The fifth loss in a bowl game likely again by about double digit points seems more in line with what has happened the last 3 seasons.

The question was whether that win was a sign of having figured it out, or a one-off. Looks like a one-off.

Weather helped. UTSA fumbled something like 5 times in the first quarter .

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, outoftown said:

when looking at the overall record of SL the UTSA win seems like an abberation. The only win over a team that was actually good in that season. The fifth loss in a bowl game likely again by about double digit points seems more in line with what has happened the last 3 seasons.

The question was whether that win was a sign of having figured it out, or a one-off. Looks like a one-off.

Without that weather that game is close.  Also UTSA had clinched their home field in the Championship.  It was big time fun and I paid over $150 to see it in person.  Worth every penny.  But in hindsight if we lost that game Seth is probably gone so a Seth led 2022 Mean Green isn’t worth it imo.   I hope I am wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y’all, this is a middling MAC team.

And we abandoned the running offense that got us here, why?   It’s not like Ragsdale/Adeyi/Johnson can’t execute it.  Maybe not as well as Torrey, but our OL was still intact.  I don’t understand.

It's not rocket science. 5 guys can't block eight.

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, akriesman said:

The safety was in the box consistently, leaving the WR's all 1 on 1 with no safety help.   They dared us to throw the ball.    An average QB would have shredded that defense.

I am sure that Seth wanted to run the ball.  But, he saw that was just not possible.    But, it is his fault that we don't even have an average QB to take advantage of a huge passing opportunity.

Another embarrassing bowl loss.

This, they dared us to throw and we couldn’t.  Switch QBs and we win by 3 scores.

This shows us 2 things, our coach can’t solve   the QB room, and coaches in CUSA aren’t that good.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It was working against the entire back half of our schedule!!

Against who again? Miami was much better than anything we saw during that stretch.

Edited by Hunter Green