Bowl Attendance

Mean Green Matt

26 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Cannot be rationalized to have this small of a turnout given our numbers. I know we are just supposed to be happy and not think about this, but this is the #1 reason our program is where it is. 

With all that said, our guys need to go win this football game. Let’s Go Mean Green!

Pictures or it’s an overflow crowd.

5 minutes ago, Ibleedgreen said:

Some of us had no choice. Covid affects more than players.

Better bubble wrap before you go outside. Not to be a dick, but you have to imagine how people don't give af about this moving on 3 years. Don't fly, jog, ski, walk, eat or anything that has the fraction % of ending your life. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 25
  • Puking Eagle 2

4 minutes ago, rcade said:

Covid doesn't give af if people give af. There were 243,000 new cases in the U.S. yesterday. I can't blame anybody for not going to public events right now, particularly if they or their loved ones have serious health conditions making them extra vulnerable to Covid.

Serious health conditions, sure. Opting out of this bowl as a fan like Torrey opting out as a player, inexcusable. It's just convenient at that point. I almost bought one of his shirts. Whew. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

1 minute ago, texx2818 said:

Omicron is the equivalent of getting a cold.

People have said that about Covid since the pandemic began. It's not true. Omicron might be less severe than Delta -- not yet proven -- but it's still making some people seriously ill or dead.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Serious health conditions, sure. Opting out of this bowl as a fan like Torrey opting out as a player, inexcusable. It's just convenient at that point. I almost bought one of his shirts. Whew. 

The person you insulted in your bubble wrap comment has Covid.

Are you still unhappy he didn't attend the game?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

It actually IS proven, but okay. Have you seen the death rate for Omicron?

I've seen a lot of epidemiologists and doctors at this link saying "it looks like deaths are lower in this Omicron wave but that's not scientifically confirmed yet":

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1233998285779632128

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

Who kept saying on this forum this game was a sellout?  

•••Many seats empty because of Covid quarantine of which I am one. (A local Physical Therapist was already infected during a session & I got the  Covid warning call from her supervisor 2 days ago). 
•••Tried to transfer my ticket via cell phone to another alum who decided he didn’t want to go to the game. 
•••This day is just not going well

And Aune?😩 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Blah blah y’all hush. I’m here right now. Tailgate was awesome. Home side is stacked and looks great. Other side is embarrassingly awful. 

Aune has thrown some god awful balls. We should be up two scores. The defense hasn’t been great either. It’s the weird game where I feel like we should be up big but we’ve also been kinda shitty. Who knows. Let’s go dominate the second half. #GMG

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Blah blah y’all hush. I’m here right now. Tailgate was awesome. Home side is stacked and looks great. Other side is embarrassingly awful. 

Aune has thrown some god awful balls. We should be up two scores. The defense hasn’t been great either. It’s the weird game where I feel like we should be up big but we’ve also been kinda shitty. Who knows. Let’s go dominate the second half. #GMG

The North Texas side is not even close to full. I’m staring directly at it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2