Should we be concerned about Omnicron and the bowl being cancelled?

Jonnyeagle

UNT Men’s Basketball: Compete 4 Cause Classic In OKC Canceled

Multi-Team Event Canceled Due To Safety Concerns With Other Programs

For more information contact: Luke Della, 510-725-2130, Luke.Della@unt.edu  

DENTON, Texas –  The North Teas men’s basketball team’s scheduled game against Tulsa in Oklahoma City on Tuesday as part of the Compete 4 Cause Classic has been canceled due to health and safety concerns within other programs part of the multi-team event.

The Compete 4 Cause Classic, U-Sports Group and Paycom Center’s top priority is the health and safety of student-athletes, staff and fans. In an effort to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all Compete 4 Cause Classic event activities have been paused, including Tuesday's scheduled games.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Just got news that the Tulsa game was cancelled.  Makes me wonder if the bowl game could be next.  I feel like people are freaking out because others are.  I hate this!

It's very likely some players from both teams will be missing.... just the nature of how things are right now.

And I do think there's a chance that any of the bowls might end up being cancelled. Hopefully we get ours in before there's a wave of cancellations...once one goes down, most or all of them will! 🤞

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDan said:

...once one goes down, most or all of them will! 🤞

Not so sure about that.  I can't imagine the playoff games being cancelled.  And if those are going to go on, hopefully that will motivate the bowls to be played.

That said, I wouldn't rule out cutting permitted attendance if it gets bad.

• Upvote 1