Boca Raton Bowl

UNT 90 Grad

10 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Western about to bring home the second upset of the 2021-22 bowl season for Conference USA.  Less than a minute left and Western Kentucky up on App State 59-38. 

Also of note, Zappe just broke Joe Burrows single season TD record of 60, I think he ended with 62 on the year. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SigmaGreen said:

Also of note, Zappe just broke Joe Burrows single season TD record of 60, I think he ended with 62 on the year. 

He also broke the single season yardage record, previous held by Tech's B.J. Symons.

Not sure if they're worth two separate threads, but other conference mates are also doing well--UTEP leads Fresno State by a point in the 2nd, and UAB leads BYU 7-0 in the 1st.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Wish I could watch the bowl games on ESPN+ since Disney and YouTubeTV are in a pissing contest.  Despite subscribing to ESPN+, I still need to have a TV provider. Not sure what the hell I'm paying for. 

I signed up for YouTube TV around Dec 1 primarily to get bowl games. I couple of friends recommended it over Sling. I found out about no Disney this morning when I tried to find the Boco Raton Bowl. I immediately canceled and went to Sling. When canceling YouTubeTV, they asked if I was can canceling because of lack of Disney. And when I went to Sling, their splash screen read "Are you looking for ESPN and Disney? We have them!" 

9 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

I signed up for YouTube TV around Dec 1 primarily to get bowl games. I couple of friends recommended it over Sling. I found out about no Disney this morning when I tried to find the Boco Raton Bowl. I immediately canceled and went to Sling. When canceling YouTubeTV, they asked if I was can canceling because of lack of Disney. And when I went to Sling, their splash screen read "Are you looking for ESPN and Disney? We have them!" 

My issue is I'm still paying for ESPN+.  This whole dispute is because the individual broadcast networks, in this case Disney, want people to subscribe directly to them to get their content. I'm doing EXACTLY what they are wanting but unable to watch. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

ESPN plus doesn’t get any bowl games as far as I recall. You get the Peyton and Eli shows, etc. and some lesser followed teams/live sports. We had a few games on there but ESPN+ is mostly based on their original content. I highly recommend FUBOTV for sports programming. You get all the major sports networks plus you can use your login for ESPN3. I first picked them up when I needed CBS sports network to watch one of our games. Disclosure, I have ESPN+, FuboTV, and Sling (father-in-law is the subscriber and uses it at my house from time to time).

Games carried on any of the ESPN affiliated channels are available on ESPN+ as well.  This includes bowl games.  I did some of that today.  You ALSO get a lot of games that are carried by ESPN+ only. 

An added benefit is that you can watch the games on demand afterwards as well.  I could rewatch the UTEP bowl game right now if I wanted to.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

22 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

ESPN+ and the ESPN app overlap.  You’ll notice that the ESPN app has an option to select ESPN+ at the bottom to watch ESPN+ content through the app (though I don’t know if that option appears if you aren’t an ESPN+ subscriber).  I pay for ESPN+ as part of the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu bundle. 

14 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Yes but if you click that espn+ at the bottom of the app, it doesn’t have the bowl games.

Click settings in the top right and see if you are connected to a tv provider like this. If so, remove it and see if the bowl games still work with your espn+ account. I imagine they won’t.

8B470FDD-DE88-407D-BC7F-BFA0F49DF51A.png

image.png

Note that in addition to ESPN+ exclusive content, you are able to access ESPN affiliated networks, such as ESPNEWS, through ESPN+ even though you may not receive them through your TV provider.  For example, there were multiple bowl games on ESPN that overlapped.  ESPN notified viewers that one of the two was being carried on ESPNEWS until the preceding bowl game completed.  I was able to watch the conflicting bowl games on ESPNEWS using ESPN+ even though I don't have ESPNEWS in my TV package.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Skeptical Eagle 1