Coy Eakin - WR 2022 - Stephenville

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Who.  Somebody stated earlier that the rumor was SL was playing golf and fishing instead of taking care of the program.  I asked where that rumor came from and never got an answer.  I get many people are unhappy with SL, but let's not make crap up just to try and get a point across.

It's about landing them?  Maybe that is why Seth went fishing in Muskogee.  A little practice landing the big ones might have paid off.🙄

Twitter is the outhouse of social media.  Getting in front of the potential recruits is what we need to do and sell them on North Texas.  We can tweet about our commitments.

I have no idea. I didn't say it. Go look it up. Kids/young people look at Twitter and IG as official business. We are recruiting kids/young people. We need to appeal to them, not vice versa. We aren't in position to dictate how we, of all people, recruit. We either get with the trend or get left behind. I don't like it, it's the way it is. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This…. They can go somewhere with this.   Cycle through old muscle cars & adorn them with Mean Green colors throughout the years like this.

I like this.   I hope the recruits do as well.

I would drive that. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

TCU just offered him. I feel like we have seen this story before. A local under recruited kid blows up. We offer him late, and then TCU jumps on him.

Yep.  What do they say insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over again.  At this point - with the advent of the portal - I would dump being a stepping stone offer for high school players looking to parlay it into bigger offers.  Just hold onto all your ships and wait until the others (specifically TCU and SMUt) fill up and then operate from a position of leverage.  Won’t happen because our existing staff is not that on the ball but it should be a future blueprint for us IMHO.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

18 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Yep.  What do they say insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over again.  At this point - with the advent of the portal - I would dump being a stepping stone offer for high school players looking to parlay it into bigger offers.  Just hold onto all your ships and wait until the others (specifically TCU and SMUt) fill up and then operate from a position of leverage.  Won’t happen because our existing staff is not that on the ball but it should be a future blueprint for us IMHO.

This is a horrible idea.

You can't build up relationships with anyone like that.   I trust Walerius on that front.  He's great at relationship-building & keeping communications with recruits open.

The message your idea sends to recruits is that, "North Texas was late to the party even though they've known about me for a long time.  They must not like me as much as UTSA or <XYZ School> does. So I won't even consider them."

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

As of right now this looks like what we are doing in the transfer portal. As far as HS we always sign some good players very late.

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is a horrible idea.

You can't build up relationships with anyone like that.   I trust Walerius on that front.  He's great at relationship-building & keeping communications with recruits open.

The message your idea sends to recruits is that, "North Texas was late to the party even though they've known about me for a long time.  They must not like me as much as UTSA or <XYZ School> does. So I won't even consider them."

Agree, In today's Portal World always keep in contact and be respectful. There is a good chance a player will move again.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

That is ideal in backfilling de-commitments. That is not ideal in branding and making UNT a desired destination. We might as well be a JUCO if that's the route we're going, which is the route I feel like we have done for years. Which is the route that SL pretty much openly said from a excerpt I read from someone who posted one of his quotes. 

We are getting getting obliterated. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

36 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Not sure if this is him committing or just loving the editing job

Got a crystal ball to TCU recently, and I don’t think that was a commit graphic…

We need something like this, but who knows what happens with this program lol

• Upvote 3

Hey but we have some great shots of our head coach looking like a jackass on a mechanical bull so it wasn’t a total loss, right? Nobody would laugh at us over that, would they? This has become such a shitshow I can’t breathe from the stench.

If the staff isn’t embarrassed, they should be.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Hey but we have some great shots of our head coach looking like a jackass on a mechanical bull so it wasn’t a total loss, right? Nobody would laugh at us over that, would they? This has become such a shitshow I can’t breathe from the stench.

If the staff isn’t embarrassed, they should be.

McGuire must’ve put up a better score on his ride. 

• Upvote 1