Coy Eakin - WR 2022 - Stephenville

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/Stephenville-standout-talks-UNT-offer-championship-run-Coy-Eakin-wide-receiver-North-Texas-Mean-Green-football-179176139/

"It's freaking awesome,” Eakin said. “UNT is a huge offer. They run the same offense we do (Stephenville), so it's definitely going to be a school I strongly consider."

Stephenville sits just west of Fort Worth, making it only about an hour from Denton.

In terms of what a decision will consist of, Eakin made things very clear.

"I'm looking for a good education and a school that has my major to help me become a PA,” Eakin said. “Then offensive fit, making sure it fits my playing style. Lastly, the energy in the school, the coaches to make sure we get along and making sure we get along to work hard accomplishing goals.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You mean they weren’t chilling like this all weekend?

al-bundy-sitting-on-couch.gif

Just because they don’t tell GMG or twitter about it doesn’t mean they aren’t doing anything.

Please - we all understand and know that stealth recruiting days are long gone with the advent of social media.  Please stop insinuating anything different as it is very misleading to your fellow supporters.

• Eye Roll 1

18 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

They need to be telling Twitter about EVERYTHING. That's a part of recruiting, a big part. 

Especially for the Kansas States of the world who like to see who we’ve offered so they can try and go flip them with NIL money and P5 prestige.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Please - we all understand and know that stealth recruiting days are long gone with the advent of social media.  Please stop insinuating anything different as it is very misleading to your fellow supporters.

Well, nobody knew Eakin was in Denton this weekend until this post so maybe it still has a little more stealth than you want to accept.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Especially for the Kansas States of the world who like to see who we’ve offered so they can try and go flip them with NIL money and P5 prestige.

There is no way to stealth Coy Eakin. If Kansas State wants him and wants to go there, he'll go there. You don't play for a program like Stephenville then have a state game like he had and not be noticed. The programs that want to know about him, know about him. 

On 1/17/2022 at 10:56 AM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

There is no way to stealth Coy Eakin. If Kansas State wants him and wants to go there, he'll go there. You don't play for a program like Stephenville then have a state game like he had and not be noticed. The programs that want to know about him, know about him. 

We were his first FBS offer. Some other programs seem to trust our talent evaluation more than a lot of our fanbase.

Edited by Cr1028
Thanks Adler
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Which programs are these?  My point is that just because our department isn't tweeting out every visitor, offer, etc... doesn't mean SL is out playing golf or "fishing in Muskogee."  We have been relatively strong recruiting under Littrell, so I am willing to wait 2 1/2 weeks to see how this plays out.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Which programs are these?  My point is that just because our department isn't tweeting out every visitor, offer, etc... doesn't mean SL is out playing golf or "fishing in Muskogee."  We have been relatively strong recruiting under Littrell, so I am willing to wait 2 1/2 weeks to see how this plays out.

I'm not saying SL is out doing that. Other people are. 

But a athletic department needs to be tweeting and trying to hype up the product as much as possible all the time. We have no other choice but to wait it out and see it how plays. I think it's safe to say we can all agree that it's not looking promising as of now. 

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

We were his first FBS offer. Some other programs seem to trust our talent evaluation more than alot of our fanbase.

WKU - TX State - US on same day of TX State, but announced after the State offer. 4 D2 + Tarelton offered before anyone. 

It's not about the evaluation. Many programs at their respective levels are after the same kids. It's about LANDING them. 

36 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm not saying SL is out doing that. Other people are. 

. Many programs at their respective levels are after the same kids. It's about LANDING them. 

Who.  Somebody stated earlier that the rumor was SL was playing golf and fishing instead of taking care of the program.  I asked where that rumor came from and never got an answer.  I get many people are unhappy with SL, but let's not make crap up just to try and get a point across.

It's about landing them?  Maybe that is why Seth went fishing in Muskogee.  A little practice landing the big ones might have paid off.🙄

Twitter is the outhouse of social media.  Getting in front of the potential recruits is what we need to do and sell them on North Texas.  We can tweet about our commitments.

• Upvote 1