Casey Thompson in portal

Marty

51 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Finally someone gets it.  Kids that are leaving P5 schools, if they got any PT at that school, are not running to join SL…especially not QBs.  

Has nothing to do with SL. Everything to do with Casey being a good QB that has plenty of P5 experience. He’ll get a shot at schools much more prominent than UNT. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I’m sure must know this, but I had to look up where Casey Thompson went to high school.  

Southmoore High School.  Where us Southmoore high ?  In Moore, Ok.  In the south part of Moore, I’m thinking.  

By the way, how many time do you think Casey Thompson has driven past Apogee Stadium ?

• Upvote 3

Cringe worthy reactions in this thread.  I read some of them and wonder why you believe you are a fan.   Maybe you are fans in pessimistic, masochistic way I don’t understand.  Is constantly talking about what this program can’t do besides maybe going to Tuscaloosa, Alabama and beating a top rank Bama team entertaining?   There is such a thing as advising prudent caution but here some frequently cross the line to 💩 on dreams.  There is a huge opportunity here for any P5 QB transfer to make an impact.  Among our conference rivals our roster is not depleted.  Even this year if we had a consistent starting quarterback completing 60% of his passes and not throwing in excess of 12 interceptions we compete for a conference title.  And if he was a good running threat In addition to being an ADEQUATELY accurate  passer we are definitely competing for conference title.  If I were negatively recruiting competing for a transfer QB, I would not waste my time talking about UNT if the recruit mentioned Denton to me.  I would simple pull up gomeangreen.com on my ipad hand it to him and have the young man type in his name and read the fans saying how he is too good for us.  🤷🏾‍♂️

It is unlikely we sign Thompson but it shouldn't be for lack of trying.  And I think any college QB that wants to be protected by a good offensive line, supported by a good running game, a good defense, live in tier one metro area, get a great education, and not have spoiled fans critic you if you only throw 2 TDs and 0 INT  in a blowout of UTEP should consider coming to Denton.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

I think things have changed a lot in the last year.   Now that they pay players it is going to be harder to get big time qb to transfer to schools like non p-5 schools.  We can always ask but it going to be harder to find good abs.  I think a good qb coach is now key for the non p-5 schools.  You have to find someone who can coach up players.

2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

It is unlikely we sign Thompson but it shouldn't be for lack of trying.

The staff should absolutely try and get a guy like Thompson. It’s about managing expectations and not giving yourself this blind hope. Could UNT grab a P5 QB? Absolutely. We’ve seen it before. Could UNT grab a P5 QB that if not for the 2nd (?) greatest prospect of all time committing to his school, he’d still be in the running to start? No. Same response to when people were saying “Get Rattler!” 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...