How Many QB's in 2022?

Okiefan

3 minutes ago, Okiefan said:

I know this has been mentioned before that we probably have more scholarship QB's than most FBS programs and we will add to that number today. Seven is a big number. Do we have seven come spring practice?

Aune

Ruder

Gilmore

Martin

Drummond

Plus JD Head and Stone Earle (transfers)

No way - my guess is that Gilmore will transfer.  Not sure about Ruder.   Martin doesn't have much eligibility left and he's a team favorite so I am guessing he stays.  The writing is on the wall though.  Not many reps to be had.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Okiefan said:

I know this has been mentioned before that we probably have more scholarship QB's than most FBS programs and we will add to that number today. Seven is a big number. Do we have seven come spring practice?

Aune

Ruder

Gilmore

Martin

Drummond

Plus JD Head and Stone Earle (transfers)

My prediction is

Aune (Graduates and Start LIfe)

Gilmore (transfers)

Martin(Graduates and Starts life)

Ruder and Headstone 3 way battle during spring.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

My prediction is

Aune (Graduates and Start LIfe)

Gilmore (transfers)

Martin(Graduates and Starts life)

Ruder and Headstone 3 way battle during spring.

The thing I keep coming back to on Martin is that I’m actually kind of surprised he didn’t take part in the Senior Day ceremonies. He still has two years of eligibility left, but I have no idea what he will choose to do. Him staying and being a backup who never plays, him transferring, or him moving on from college football really all do seem like possibilities.

Just now, BillySee58 said:

The thing I keep coming back to on Martin is that I’m actually kind of surprised he didn’t take part in the Senior Day ceremonies. He still has two years of eligibility left, but I have no idea what he will choose to do. Him staying and being a backup who never plays, him transferring, or him moving on from college football really all do seem like possibilities.

Mac Jones rode the bench until he got a shot…and took advantage of that opportunity. I would love for the same to happen with Martin. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

If he's not a major player for the starting job this spring like JD said then I would say it's a flop. 

JD Head will have redshirt freshman eligibility and Stone Earle will have true sophomore eligibility, while Drummond will be a redshirt freshman. If those two both pass him then the path to Drummond ever being the starter here becomes hard to envision.

• Upvote 5