Official 2022 North Texas Signing Day Thread

TheReal_jayD

2 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I'm still sorting through my list of possible recruits we may sign.

Vintage Computer Punch Cards / 1970's Mainframe Data Processing / Artist Trading Card, Junk Journal, Pen Pal Swap, Smash + Altered Book, ATC

Thank you.  This made me laugh out loud.

Hell, I'm still trying to get my computer fired up.

Tales In Tech History: The Compaq 'Luggable' And Portable Computers

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KeithLee said:

He hasn’t signed yet. He had an appointment this morning and his should be in a little bit. Talked to his dad earlier. Didn’t want to add it to the meme until it was official 

So glad to have the Friendswood connection.  
I grew up in nearby Danbury & transferred to UNT from Alvin JUCO.  
GO FHS Mustangs! 
GMG!

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Please tell me it's a QB??

Yes but you’re not gonna like it from your previous messages. This is a great pick up for UNT. He is a leader and can flat out throw the ball. He will push that whole room. I’ve heard Earle is like that too. This is great for us. Just remember, the stars really don’t mean anything. It is all subjective. It’s whoever has the most hype and connections. It’s Sales 101.  I’ve seen it first hand on the recruiting trail and at the popular combines (The Opening, Rivals, Under Armour, etc). When they get to a program, it’s how hard you work on your own personal time is where the magic is. You can’t just come to practice and meetings and expect to grow as a player. You have to work on your own and lead others to work extra with you. Just my 2 cents that’s probably worth -$.25 now with inflation. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KeithLee said:

Yes but you’re not gonna like it from your previous messages. This is a great pick up for UNT. He is a leader and can flat out throw the ball. He will push that whole room. I’ve heard Earle is like that too. This is great for us. Just remember, the stars really don’t mean anything. It is all subjective. It’s whoever has the most hype and connections. It’s Sales 101.  I’ve seen it first hand on the recruiting trail and at the popular combines (The Opening, Rivals, Under Armour, etc). When they get to a program, it’s how hard you work on your own personal time is where the magic is. You can’t just come to practice and meetings and expect to grow as a player. You have to work on your own and lead others to work extra with you. Just my 2 cents that’s probably worth -$.25 now with inflation. 

Preach GIF

• Upvote 2

Just now, p_phelps said:

Meh

I mostly agree. Although the two QB's we signed today have more in game action than Ruder and will both be here in the spring.

The biggest question now is who are we going to hire as QB coach? If he's decent then I'll be more excited as these guys will actually be developed.

If it's another 4th string practice squad QB that played at Mount Vernon his sophomore year then I'll be back on the same train

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, KeithLee said:

This right here. Anyone around the Elite 11 camps in 2016 would tell you that Tate Martell was not a good QB. Didn’t stop him from getting countless P5 offers and rated damn near a 5* guy tho. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1