Wichita State (12/18/21)

greenminer

A few months ago when it was announced that UNT would be joining the AAC, someone posted a link to a youtube vlogger from Wichita State complaining about how we did not belong in their conference, and I hope that guy is eating his words this morning.  

As far as an at large bid, its way to early for that conversation, and realistically would probably take a solid top 25 ranking to even begin that conversation. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Been paying attention to the season. Valiant effort vs KU. Let Miami come back on us and take the W. Took care OF UTA, etc. Pretty decent start to the season. 

However, Wichita State paid us to go up there? I find that strange and unnecessary. I found a write up by their local newspaper. We are not thought of highly, at all. 

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article256711377.html

They are very high on their program. There were exceptions, a few who said that the Mean Green are dangerous.

i just don’t think they pay much attention to CUSA, apparently even after the AAC invite or our Purdue win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

They are very high on their program. There were exceptions, a few who said that the Mean Green are dangerous.

i just don’t think they pay much attention to CUSA, apparently even after the AAC invite or our Purdue win.

Yeah local sports media (in markets outside DFW) have not caught up yet. Our reputation is good among ADs and Coaches and such, but not big enough that our names precede us to people who we don’t overlap with.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 3:45 PM, Censored by Laurie said:

Thomas Bell is a very frustrating player

We saw it again tonight (1/1/22 against Rice). Bell probably dribbled the ball more/had a higher usage rate tonight than in any game of his first two seasons here. 1 point on 0/7 from the field.

If expanded-offensive-role Thomas Bell means him taking more shots, I’m okay with that. When it means him trying to be the one to create offense, that’s where it hurts us. Need efficiency from him against UAB on Thursday.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Shockers are struggling

Saturday started with Wichita State eager to open its American Athletic Conference title defense and ended in embarrassment on national television with Memphis handing the Shockers their worst loss at Koch Arena in nearly two decades in an 82-64 trouncing.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article256982162.html#storylink=cpy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...