47 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

For me, at least for the guys I've seen (in order):

Lance Dunbar
Jeff Wilson
Pat Cobbs
JaQuay Wilburn
Brandin Byrd
DeAndre Torrey
Jamario Thomas (considering the entire career)
Kevin Galbreath
Antoine Jimmerson
Cam Montgomery

I like your list but personally I would have Torrey over Wilburn and Byrd. Torrey has had more “wow” runs than those two. Byrd had maybe our best Oline blocking for him.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

Y’all young whipper snappers should’ve seen Haynes,  Renfroe and Live even if it was just to watch NFL and AFL films, these guys would be in the TOP 5

Oh, no doubt.   Abner IS #1. I just didn’t have the privilege of seeing him.   Kinda like Eric Pegram.   I saw him with the Browns, but not in Green.

• Upvote 1

I would vote for Pegram    He played on some very bad teams, so he doesn't have the stats.  He was better than any listed with the below exception.

With the usual caveat, Jamario Thomas; his freshman year was the best back I've seen at NT.  

Thomas if he had the kind of performance his senior year he did in his first year, there would be few questioning he is the best in the last 50 years.  

For those that maybe know, Thomas was injured and all though he played after that: he never regained the quickness that make him super special.  I don't recall if that injury happened at the end of his freshman year or early in his sophomore year. 

• Upvote 1

For a one game special, that game Torrey just put up was pretty unreal.  Only really remember seeing Pat Cobbs, Super Jamario and Dunbar make moves and score on plays like his two first half touchdowns.  He was a man possessed that day.  Ducking and squeezing between blockers he reminded me of his coach.

All those others listed are great,too.  We’ve been blessed with always seeming to have at least one really good running back on the squad.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I would vote for Pegram    He played on some very bad teams, so he doesn't have the stats.  He was better than any listed with the below exception.

With the usual caveat, Jamario Thomas; his freshman year was the best back I've seen at NT.  

Thomas if he had the kind of performance his senior year he did in his first year, there would be few questioning he is the best in the last 50 years.  

For those that maybe know, Thomas was injured and all though he played after that: he never regained the quickness that make him super special.  I don't recall if that injury happened at the end of his freshman year or early in his sophomore year. 

Yep. Freshman year Jamario was the best I’ve ever seen.  

Some were pretty unique. All were great runners with other attributes. Wilson was the best in pass protection. Lethal at times. Cobbs was awesome on special teams and not just fielding returns. He played on coverage units, blocked punts, etc…. Dunbar was the best overall back I have ever seen play for us. Running, catching, etc. Just a little undersized but played big. 
All on the list were great in their own way. 

• RV 1

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Lance Dunbar
Jeff Wilson
Pat Cobbs
JaQuay Wilburn
Brandin Byrd
DeAndre Torrey
Kevin Galbreath
Antoine Jimmerson
Cam Montgomery

Is this Cam Montgomery from the Dodge years? or am i missing something?

20 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Lance Dunbar
Jeff Wilson
Pat Cobbs
JaQuay Wilburn
Brandin Byrd
DeAndre Torrey
Kevin Galbreath
Antoine Jimmerson
Cam Montgomery

I would rank Torrey ahead of Galbraith and Byrd.

21 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I like your list but personally I would have Torrey over Wilburn and Byrd. Torrey has had more “wow” runs than those two. Byrd had maybe our best Oline blocking for him.

This. Torrey is elusive, fast, and can return kicks and catch passes out of the backfield very well.  Plus his pass blocking has improved.

• Upvote 1