Will NSD be pushed back?

El Paso Eagle

10 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

I should be pushed back to at least January 20th at least.  Let everyone focus on end of semester, highschool playoffs, and bowl games.  Also gives staff members of the best programs a chance to focus do their best in bowl games/playoffs before interviewing for other jobs.

They need to move it up, not push it back. Move the early sign up to aug 1. Keep the early Feb date for after the season. Problem solved

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

All I have heard is that the mid tier P5 programs want it moved back because they cant steal G5 recruits at the last minute like they have been doing for years. I like the early signing period and they need to keep it that way. If the P5 schools wanted those players to begin with, then they should of done their due diligence earlier in the year. 

Most kids that are in the state championships, which are this weekend won't sign during this period anyways. its the kids that either didnt make the playoffs or have been knocked out early. A lot of the other states have already crowned their champion 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

All I have heard is that the mid tier P5 programs want it moved back because they cant steal G5 recruits at the last minute like they have been doing for years. I like the early signing period and they need to keep it that way. If the P5 schools wanted those players to begin with, then they should of done their due diligence earlier in the year. 

Most kids that are in the state championships, which are this weekend won't sign during this period anyways. its the kids that either didnt make the playoffs or have been knocked out early. A lot of the other states have already crowned their champion 

The problem is that even if they stole recruits at the last moment with the revolving door of the portal they are able to correct that mistake every single year anyway so what it the point?

If you want to win YOU HAVE TO PLAY YHE HAND YOURE DEALT which in this case iOS the PORTAL.  This is why Sonny got the TCU job.  It’s not because he’s a good looking guy or great recruiter himself.  He does know how to delegate recruiting to the right people like Samples and others.

This is not rocket science folks.  Seth and his staff have largely ignored the portal and still believe that good programs are built with high school recruits.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

In the conversation I heard with the head of the coaches association their biggest issue was they understand changes will happen but because of the condensed timing of the end of the season and signing day, programs are being torn apart so coaches can be at their new jobs. The schools that are losing the coaches have little to no time to react when this happens. Their thought is that if they can move it back is not going to stop the changes but it will allow everyone involved up more time to organize. It would also allow players more time to react when the coaches they thought they were going to have change.

The biggest reason to have early signing day, is to allow for early enrollees. A kid can graduate HS early and get on campus in January so he can start in the program and get a semester of school under their belt before football season starts. I am pretty sure all 3 high school kids are early enrollees so they will be ready for fall practice. Kids can get semester of weight room, nutrition and be adapted to school when the season comes around. 

• Upvote 3