Go Get Bo Nix Now!

Mike Jackson

1 hour ago, WanderingEagle said:

Bo Nix stinks. 

As “mediocre” as both guys I mention are.  They both are both 10% more accurate in raw completion percentage than Austin Aune and they unquestionably do with against tougher competition.   So please consider that @WanderingEagle @UNTLifer and @southsideguy before taking a 💩 on potential transfers.   I would rather have guys I know are ready to play better that the QB's we have because they have done it before.  Granted it is a low bar considering the 3 year decline in passing accuracy we have seen.  But that low bar needs to be cleared before we can do bigger things.  🤷🏾‍♂️

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

I'm all for exploring options in the Transfer Portal, but there are a limited number of coaches to work the Portal, JUCOs and regular recruits. And that limited number of coaches only have 24 hours in a day. And there are only so many hours till signing day. 

Oh yeah, there's this bowl game that they should be preparing for. 

In short, pick your battles wisely and you will win more. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

I'm all for exploring options in the Transfer Portal, but there are a limited number of coaches to work the Portal, JUCOs and regular recruits. And that limited number of coaches only have 24 hours in a day. And there are only so many hours till signing day. 

Oh yeah, there's this bowl game that they should be preparing for. 

In short, pick your battles wisely and you will win more. 

Agreed and I upvoted your comment.  However, I think whoever we have on staff needs to take a swing at one of the bigger fish experienced QB transfers each cycle until we get good QB play from a player that is coming back for the next season.    

As for winning this bowl game, I just don’t think it is as important as working on general execution issues in all the phases of the game.  A win would very nice but beating Miami of Ohio isn’t going to do much for the program.  A nice little bonus for the staff if they win but that only matters to the people getting paid.  

If the passing accuracy is hovering around 51% for 2022, we will probably have a new Head Coach by December 2022.  The best way to get better at the QB position is getting a known commodity at QB that has better numbers than what been produced here the last 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Is Aune 100% not coming back? I thought his post game interview from the last game, he said that he's still contemplating it. 

Obviously Bo Nix is probably way better, just a general curiosity question 

I haven’t heard otherwise.  But I wouldn’t want to take the chance that Ruder is my best QB option on paper before Spring Ball starts.  I don’t know what factors he is considering as college student in his late 20s but his age alone should make us wary of the chances of him coming back for 2022.  He has a child and another one I the way I think.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Is Aune 100% not coming back? I thought his post game interview from the last game, he said that he's still contemplating it. 

Obviously Bo Nix is probably way better, just a general curiosity question 

If he's back as the starter, Seth deserves to be fired.  He's a bad qb

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 12/14/2021 at 5:45 PM, p_phelps said:

If he's back as the starter, Seth deserves to be fired.  He's a bad qb

Let’s tap the brakes that type of talk.  🤦🏾‍♂️Independent of Aune, just considering Seth’s resume so far here he should be gone.   Seth’s job status for the beginning of 2022 season isn’t in question so let’s stop kicking that dead horse.  If Aune is back I think he will play significantly better. 🤞

• Upvote 1