North Texas Offers ACU QB Stone Earle

TheReal_jayD

14 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Does this mean we whiffed on the Incarnate Word QB?

Not until he is signed elsewhere.  We should be all in on Nix out of Auburn as well.  I think the kid will go P5, but they won't dance with you if you don't ask.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Not until he is signed elsewhere.  We should be all in on Nix out of Auburn as well.  I think the kid will go P5, but they won't dance with you if you don't ask.

I love your enthusiasm. I guess I look at is as until I see evidence a high quality QB is interested in joining Seth's team I have nothing to make me believe it will happen.

PS - Sorry, but for all of the "growth" we have seen from Seth, I still think, for some reason, he thinks he can develop a QB without a better OC or QB coach to help. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I love your enthusiasm. I guess I look at is as until I see evidence a high quality QB is interested in joining Seth's team I have nothing to make me believe it will happen.

PS - Sorry, but for all of the "growth" we have seen from Seth, I still think, for some reason, he thinks he can develop a QB without a better OC or QB coach to help. 

Again, Ruder was a 4 star last year, so there is the high quality QB.  Big difference is that we have seen Nix compete and can look at Ward's numbers against Southland competition as opposed to going off of a ratings' service.

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Again, Ruder was a 4 star last year, so there is the high quality QB.  Big difference is that we have seen Nix compete and can look at Ward's numbers against Southland competition as opposed to going off of a ratings' service.

Hope your right. I hope I am wrong, but I have my doubts and hope Seth does like he did for the Defense and admits he needs help developing/coaching up QB's

• Upvote 2

On 12/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, El Paso Eagle said:

If he's honest with himself, I don't think he believes this at all.   He's not a QBs coach.  He's a RBs/TEs coach.   He couldn't "develop" a QB to save his life. 
Unfortunately for him, he's completely whiffed on QB coaches over the past 3 seasons, and we're seeing the ramifications of that.
Thankfully, the defense stepped up this season, and Torrey & our OL excelled in Bloesch's Veer-&-Veer-some-more offense.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, El Paso Eagle said:

We are now 0-2 (Morris, Ruder) with highly rated P5 QBs transferring here and having success.   Not only did neither have success, neither made it half way through the season as the starter before being replaced.  Can't be looked upon favorably by future potential transfers.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

We are now 0-2 (Morris, Ruder) with highly rated P5 QBs transferring here and having success.   Not only did neither have success, neither made it half way through the season as the starter before being replaced.  Can't be looked upon favorably by future potential transfers.

I think you would look  at who is currently in the qb room. Bennet is a recognizable DC would like to see the same for an qb coach. Offer a 2 year deal at an above average comp rate.