Sam Houston State (12/14/21)

CMJ

Fantastic start by the boys last night, credit Sam Houston for finding a way to hang around by cranking up the pressure defensively. No, it was definitely not the sexiest thing I've ever seen, definitely too careless with the ball, but gritty in the end... FIND A WAY, Grant's teams generally do. 

Those clamoring for an increase in bench production don't need to hold their breath.... Grant sticks to his guns and generally has about 8 in his rotation. Don't see that changing, but I do think Wright finds his way back into the rotation at some point. A Scott has crazy upside, he will continue to give good minutes. Enjoying this team, what a time to be a UNT bball die hard. Onto Wichita.

• Upvote 3

Did anyone that attended the game last night notice the large number of "season ticket holder" banners wrapped around the seats on the "non-scorer's table" side ?  If correct, we have sold a huge number of season tickets for basketball.  I could tell how many wrappers there were on the scorer's table side.    I wish those season ticket holders would attend.

On to Wichita State Saturday and win there.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

So, what happened in the first half at about the 13 min remaining mark?  NT is up by about 20 then we either lost our focus or SH made adjustments?  We seem to be a streaky team in some games.  SH was not UMass but we played like they were.

SH changed the defense.  Early they were daring us to make our 3's.  We did and after that, they changed the defense.

3 hours ago, NT80 said:

So, what happened in the first half at about the 13 min remaining mark?  NT is up by about 20 then we either lost our focus or SH made adjustments?  We seem to be a streaky team in some games.  SH was not UMass but we played like they were.

SH started applying pressure in the back court and our guards didn't handle it well initially. Probably the most rattled I've seen our guard play this year. SH missed a lot of free throws and open looks, but after 10 min UNT also struggled with shot making. After the big weekend win over UMASS, and with the Shockers looming, I was worried about this being our non con trap game. Luckily the way this team defends in the half court, we can survive lulls, even though they're frustrating. Would love to head into CUSA play on a heater! Beat Wichita baby.

• Upvote 2