Interesting QB just entered the portal

MeanGreen_MBA

9 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Be honest.  The whole nation will be after him and just like Zappe... inter-relations with him will play a huge part.  I doubt we see him play for any other team than WSU.

The whole staff is already following him. Seems like they were following before entering portal so we have to be familiar with him

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, MDH said:

Get in line...don't love our chances here given who else is sniffing.

We should be able to offer him a chance to start over WSU. WSU has a very talented qb room with one stud that has transferred from Tennessee, Jason Guarantano, mutliple P5 offers including Bama, Clemson, ND, OU and so on. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

We should be able to offer him a chance to start over WSU. WSU has a very talented qb room with one stud that has transferred from Tennessee, Jason Guarantano, mutliple P5 offers including Bama, Clemson, ND, OU and so on. 

I HIGHLY DOUBT Cam sees that guy as any kind of threat to him (especially with Morris going there since he's Morris' guy), and if he does, he's going to fail here too.

The ancient argument of "you could guarantee-start here, but you'll be riding the bench there." needs to die... yesterday.  It's simply not true, as we've seen over & over.

That said, I doubt he shows up here, but I'd be overjoyed if he did.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I HIGHLY DOUBT Cam sees that guy as any kind of threat to him (especially with Morris going there since he's Morris' guy), and if he does, he's going to fail here too.

The ancient argument of "you could guarantee-start here, but you'll be riding the bench there." needs to die... yesterday.  It's simply not true, as we've seen over & over.

That said, I doubt he shows up here, but I'd be overjoyed if he did.

What happened to those high expectations.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

This kid would enter the QB room head and shoulders above the others. He would immediately become the best QB we've had since Mason. 

The good thing is that he's been coached up for a couple years, so he wouldn't be plagued with whatever "coaching" he receives from our QB staff. 

Not 100% sure if this is true, as we all saw Mason's regression after his QB coach left & was backfilled with Bodie Reeder.   Are we sure Coach Joseph is a better QBs coach than Bodie Reeder?

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Not 100% sure if this is true, as we all saw Mason's regression after his QB coach left & was backfilled with Bodie Reeder.   Are we sure Coach Joseph is a better QBs coach than Bodie Reeder?

I don't have an ounce of faith in a single QB coach Littrell has hired after GH.

I do have faith in Eric Morris. 

If Ward regresses from 4600 YDs, 47 TDs and 10 INTs to 3200 yards, 28 TDs and 8 INTs?

Yeah I'll take that over anything we have on the current roster

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I don't have an ounce of faith in a single QB coach Littrell has hired after GH.

I do have faith in Eric Morris. 

If Ward regresses from 4600 YDs, 47 TDs and 10 INTs to 3200 yards, 28 TDs and 8 INTs?

Yeah I'll take that over anything we have on the current roster

Honestly,  I think Ward will want to go somewhere he can really wing it around.   I wouldn't be surprised to see McGuire and Kittley go hard after him if they don't land Ewers.

If you were a top QB prospect, and want to throw the ball a lot, would you consider NT right now?   NT's identify is RUN.   NT's Rush offense is 3rd in FBS.   NT's Pass offense is 99th.   And any excuses Littrell/Bloesch throw out there for why that's the case will only be used against them.

• Eye Roll 1

People downvoting positive comments here like we have an abundance of talent in the QB room here?  OMG this forum make zero sense sometimes.  This program need to swing for the fences when it comes to acquiring talent.  If pans out to be just a notch or 2 above mediocre it could be huge here if the defense and running game stay consistent.  Hell more competition in the QB room could be just the thing that makes Ruder step up. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

People downvoting positive comments here like we have an abundance of talent in the QB room here?  OMG this forum make zero sense sometimes.  This program need to swing for the fences when it comes to acquiring talent.  If pans out to be just a notch or 2 above mediocre it could be huge here if the defense and running game stay consistent.  Hell more competition in the QB room could be just the thing that makes Ruder step up. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Hey bud I agree with you in this and most of what you post.No need to kick your followers and supporters in the crotch by blaming the blog here when it’s just a few bad apples spoiling it for the rest of us.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Honestly,  I think Ward will want to go somewhere he can really wing it around.   I wouldn't be surprised to see McGuire and Kittley go hard after him if they don't land Ewers.

If you were a top QB prospect, and want to throw the ball a lot, would you consider NT right now?   NT's identify is RUN.   NT's Rush offense is 3rd in FBS.   NT's Pass offense is 99th.   And any excuses Littrell/Bloesch throw out there for why that's the case will only be used against them.

Our identity wasn't RUN until the last 6 games of this season. And that's only because we don't have a QB. Littrell can point to his time as an OC and Mason Fine to prove he's fine running an offense that throws it all over the field. 

• Upvote 6