UIW QB Cameron Ward to Transfer

20 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

But his offer list was only ICW and TX Southern. 😎

Impressive stats.  I wonder if we will give him a look.

The entire staff is following him on Twitter so I'd say he's on the radar

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

Would it be possible to bring Morris in as a OC/QB coach? He either sees the talent nobody else does or knows how to develop them…

That would be difficult considering he just got hired as the OC for Washington State

Also put me down for this kid. A transfer QB with an actual resume? Yes please

Edited by MGNation92

Looks like word is out on this young man.  Hope we got in on him early if we are recruiting him.

https://247sports.com/Article/Transfer-portal-quarterback-Cameron-Ward-Incarnate-Word-football--177862415/

The Jerry Rice Award is annually given to the best freshman in the FCS. Trey Lance won the trophy at North Dakota State in 2019. One year later, with Lance having exited center stage to prepare for the NFL Draft, Incarnate Word's Cameron Ward stepped into the spotlight as maybe the next great FCS QB. 

Ward won the Jerry Rice Award during the spring season at Incarnate Ward (a private university in San Antonio). This fall, he led all FCS passers with 47 touchdowns to go along with 4,648 yards (third nationally) and a 65% completion rate. Thursday, Cameron entered the transfer portal. It’s early, but 247Sports projects him to be one of the most popular names in the entire transfer market. It’s a preliminary grade, but 247Sports expects Ward to carry a rating in the 90s. That’s something only three other transfer QBs – Quinn Ewers, Spencer Rattler and Dillon Gabriel – can claim thus far.

“The dude is an absolute freak,” one Power Five coach told 247Sports.

• RV 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Houston could be tough although Toon is only a JR. I believe he will have a lock on the job for next year. I know Seth and Morris are good friends, I hope he will put in a word for us. GMG

Tune has been there almost as long as Case Keenum.  How is he only a junior?

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Tune has been there almost as long as Case Keenum.  How is he only a junior?

Agree, that what it says on the 2021 Roster. I guess red shirt and Covid. Remember if we had not burned Mason’s red shirt I think he would of played last year?

Edited by Wag Tag

15 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Agree, that what it says on the 2021 Roster. I guess red shirt and Covid. Remember if we had not burned Mason’s red shirt I think he would of played last year?

Tune has never even redshirt. True Junior last year, true Junior again this year.

And if we hadn’t burned Mason’s redshirt he would’ve still had eligibility this season.

• Thanks 2