North Texas lands Kobe Savage, JD Head and Ja'Mori Maclin all through the transfer portal

WanderingEagle

32 minutes ago, KeithLee said:

We are getting a kid that’s gonna push this whole QB room to be better. I’ve seen him play and his leadership skills. He has always pushed his teammates to work harder.  Ruder, Aune, Martin, Drummond, and Head all have the ability to lead this team. However, It’s gonna take more than just working during practice time and team meetings to win this job. The one who eats, sleeps, and $h!ts football the most is gonna earn this. The one that is constantly telling his receiving core to stay after practice to run more routes and get timing down, the one that asks his running back to come before practice and work on their handoffs and play action, the one who studies film more than he is watching Netflix, the one that’s building a relationship with his O-Line is going to rise to the top. Great QBs, inspire their teammates to want to work harder. Sorry for the rambling. I’m just happy to be apart of the MG family 
and Im excited about this Bowl game and this Spring. GMG

You and CL have the kind of attitude we need around here.  Thanks for bringing the energy.  And thanks to Jace and his dad for being a part of it too.  My family is made up of head coaches and quarterbacks and I have empathy for those facing the scrutiny and ignorance of the masses. That comes with the territory but it’s refreshing to see a fella have a good attitude about it so publicly to the fan base.  #GMG brudda. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Believe what you want, I have no reason to lie. 

We got a good player at a position of need that's all that matters.

I don't think you lied.  Just two different opinions about how we got him which is the important part.  As my Dad used to say, "there is more than one way to skin a cat".  As you stated, we got a good player at a position of need, that's all that matters.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • RV 1

1 hour ago, KeithLee said:

I appreciate that. I like reading everyone’s takes. It really shows me how passionate this fan base is. I, for one, don’t want to settle either. I was frustrated during the first half of the season like all of you. Something clicked during the Rice game. I can’t put my finger on it, but that was the turning point. The changes that were made brought this team together. Like in the Military, we got real close to our brothers during combat. Especially, in the heat of battle and you have each other’s back. You really can see what a person is made of when your back is against the wall. You either Freeze, run away/quit, or you fight with everything you got. This team dug deep and scratched and clawed their way out of that hole.  So proud of what these young men are learning from our Coaches. You always learn the most during adversity.  Again, thanks for supporting our boys!!! GMG

Well Done Reaction GIF

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Since this has taken a turn into QB discussion (no way!), feels like it's important to point out Ruder is naturally talented enough to be a very VERY good QB for us. If he stays, he'll have a full offseason to get his confidence back and be our guy next year. If he leaves, it's probably best for him considering Head/Drummond will both be legitimate starting candidates next year - at least it seems that way. As many have said on here... no need to be jerks about it.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Ruder was the only current QB on the roster to return. Aune is leaving, Drummond is not a real starting prospect, and Martin/Gilmore need to be at the FCS or D2 levels.

The QB depth chart needs to be rebuilt. If Ruder wants to stick around and compete with the newcomers, that’s terrific.

• Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 2

On 12/8/2021 at 8:50 PM, Cr1028 said:

TD pass at the 1 minute mark. Viewer discretion advised. We still weren’t very good yet in this game.

28 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Also a nice pass at 1:00 on the timeline.

GMG!  

obama-what.gif

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

After much thought & consideration with my family, I'm announcing my decommitment from my excitement about Savage and I no-longer believe he's a day 1 starter here.

My recruitment for a new DB to be extremely excited about is 100% back open.    Respect my decision.

AMEN, AGTG!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

After much thought & consideration with my family, I'm announcing my decommitment from my excitement about Savage and I no-longer believe he's a day 1 starter here.

My recruitment for a new DB to be extremely excited about is 100% back open.    Respect my decision.

No interviews please 

• Thanks 1