North Texas lands Kobe Savage, JD Head and Ja'Mori Maclin all through the transfer portal

WanderingEagle

2 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Just because someone doesn’t share inside information doesn’t mean we have to dicks about it

It's also a bit dickish to come on a public forum and state how much more you know than everyone else because you're the father of one the Quarterbacks on the roster.

I'm not going to hound Mr. Ruder anymore, just hope his son(or any QB for that matter) can help our team win next season. 

I'm still not confident in Littrell and his staff's development to produce a quality QB, regardless of how many guys they bring in.

• Upvote 6
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

In fairness, when Shane Buechele transferred from UT, SMU had just finished their season 5-7, complete with getting absolutely spanked by North Texas.

Gilbert and Buechele likely transferred to SMU because their fathers were pro athletes and they are used to hobnobbing with rich people. You can’t spell smug without smu. Texas and SMU students/alums have the same overinflated sense of their stature in the world.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, NWKGREEN said:

Didn’t say I was smart, but you are kind of showing your intelligence also. I just happen to be a well informed father. 

You also once said this:

You will be very happy with what you get in Jace Ruder. He could be the best athlete on the team. Also he is smart enough to know the offense already since being there all summer. Don’t be surprised.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, NWKGREEN said:

Didn’t say I was smart, but you are kind of showing your intelligence also. I just happen to be a well informed father. 

We know you are Ruder's father. Just give it up. NWKGreen = Northwest Kansas Green which is where Norton, Kansas is aka Ruder's Hometown.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 2
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

13 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

So what if he is Ruder’s father, how does that give us the right to information that isn’t public? You don’t need to be rude to the man.

I'm not being rude. I just don't understand why you come on to public forum, drop a "I know something y'all don't know" then get defensive when people try to get that information out of you. If you don't want people prying, keep that information to yourself.  What else would you expect from a message board if you make a cryptic comment then dip out? 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

40 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

So what if he is Ruder’s father, how does that give us the right to information that isn’t public? You don’t need to be rude to the man.

I'm sure he also appreciates your .gif response to his previous assessment of his son. So, who in fact, is the rude one here?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I'm sure he also appreciates your .gif response to his previous assessment of his son. So, who in fact, is the rude one here?

That wasn’t anything rude on him. That was a gif slipping out the door on an uncomfortable situation.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Ja'Mari Maclin is transferring from an SEC school. JD Head had massive interest from Texas Tech and started two games in November for La Tech (and did pretty good). Don't know much about Savage but his film is promising. Y'all have been pining for transfer portal players forever. Here's 3 good ones. Wish negativity was not the initial reaction.

People are generally stupid. Particularly here.

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1

1 hour ago, Billy Clyde said:

People are generally stupid. Particularly here.

I don’t think it is negative to want more.  I didn’t downgrade who they brought in on a raw talent perspective.   But anything they bring on offense is going to be handcuffed until we get efficient QB play.  Everyone they brought in (except Fine  ironically) have the size, arm and general athleticism to be competent D1 quarterbacks.  Not to bang on Aune or Ruder too much but the data is there and it is bad.  🤷🏽‍♂️ Bringing in another  3 star to the program that didn’t pan out at another school  is nothing to praise or scorn.   

Edited by Mike Jackson

3 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

I don’t think it is negative to want more.  I didn’t downgrade who they brought in on a raw talent perspective.   But anything they bring on offense is going to be handcuffed until we get efficient QB play.  Everyone they brought in (except fine ironically) have the size, arm and general athleticism to be competent D1 quarterbacks.  Not to bang on Aune or Ruder too much but the data is there and it is bad.  🤷🏽‍♂️ Bringing in another  3 star to the program that didn’t pan out at another school  is nothing to praise or scorn.   

Sounds like all these kids with raw athleticism and talent aren't being coached up very well.

Seems to be a recurring theme. 

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Since this has taken a turn into QB discussion (no way!), feels like it's important to point out Ruder is naturally talented enough to be a very VERY good QB for us. If he stays, he'll have a full offseason to get his confidence back and be our guy next year. If he leaves, it's probably best for him considering Head/Drummond will both be legitimate starting candidates next year - at least it seems that way. As many have said on here... no need to be jerks about it.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I don't fault the guy for hyping up his own son. Hell I'm convinced mine is going D1 and he's 9 months old. 

I got a call from daycare when my 11 month old was crawling over and 'through' the other babies to alert me he had to move to the next size room. I'm still waiting to hear back from Seth regarding his linebacking situation in 2039

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1