North Texas lands Kobe Savage, JD Head and Ja'Mori Maclin all through the transfer portal

WanderingEagle

15 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

There’s a very good chance we have to rebuild our QB depth chart. Not just find a starter. I look at this as a guy who can contend for the starting job but also a guy who probably hops Amani Gilmore and pushes Bryce Drummond, the other guys who have similar eligibility. Keep in mind those guys committed under Wallis, not Joseph. 

Head was at Pearland when Joseph was coaching in the Houston area so pretty reasonable to think this is his guy. 

Does Amani Gilmore come back or is he "encouraged" to move on?

• Upvote 5

Just now, UNTLifer said:

And you’ve evaluated each of them?

Thank you. I appreciate the insight of someone that has seen the young man play. It might be nice if some of you were a little more welcoming to young me. That just committed to our university. 

It’s all good. Christian is good friends with him too. So, I’m excited for this potential. Lol 

62CF89B6-6AE7-48D9-AC6E-094B96DFE843.jpeg

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

People wanted us to hit the portal, we did and then we complain that we didn’t get good players from the portal. This board sometimes 🙄

I too like to use logical fallacies to make an argument against a non-existent premise that no one made at all. 

Obviously the clear assumption on getting a transfer in the portal is getting a ‘good’ one. Not just getting any transfer. It seems most would understand that simple and very vital assumption.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Just bring your lunch pails and get to work.

PS: I speculate our winning streak has made us extra appealing to potential recruits.

And I would think the way we’ve kept improving throughout the season and man handled a ranked team would add some appeal to a potential recruit. 

For the team to have the rough start, but keep on grinding to eventually become bowl eligible tells me he’s recruiting talent, work ethic, AND good attitudes. GMG!

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Travis said:

I too like to use logical fallacies to make an argument against a non-existent premise that no one made at all. 

Obviously the clear assumption on getting a transfer in the portal is getting a ‘good’ one. Not just getting any transfer. It seems most would understand that simple and very vital assumption.  

I disagree. Just because you get someone from the portal doesn’t mean to expect a game change

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I disagree. Just because you get someone from the portal doesn’t mean to expect a game change

Did for our neighbors. We already have a crowded QB stable.  If we are going to get a portal transfer then it needs to be something of the same caliber it was from our neighbors. This isn’t one of them. 

Again, it was never about just getting a transfer… it was about getting one that elevates us. I don’t think this one does. And if I am correct, then we are gonna be in a similar position this next year as we were this one. That isn’t good. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 4

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

And you’ve evaluated each of them?

Thank you. I appreciate the insight of someone that has seen the young man play. It might be nice if some of you were a little more welcoming to young men that just committed to our university. 

P5 schools have. Weren't interested... the QBs smu got had tons of P5 interest 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2