North Texas lands Kobe Savage, JD Head and Ja'Mori Maclin all through the transfer portal

WanderingEagle

43 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

It shouldn’t surprise you. I mean, some people on this board think we should consider moving on from John Hedlund…the winningest coach in the department. Wild and crazy stuff. 

Is anyone at your work beyond reproach?  I mean how it is that any coach gets a pass on any criticism these days? 

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Is anyone at your work beyond reproach?  I mean how it is that any coach gets a pass on any criticism these days? 

He has 26 straight winning seasons, Jonny. Has he won in the NCAA tournament? Well, no. But we can’t get carried away and discuss potentially having higher expectations can we? I say no!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

He has 26 straight winning seasons, Jonny. Has he won in the NCAA tournament? Well, no. But we can’t get carried away and discuss potentially having higher expectations can we? I say no!

Maybe you guys could meet up at an interstate rest stop and figure this out instead of bringing it into a recruiting thread? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

People wanted us to hit the portal, we did and then we complain that we didn’t get good players from the portal. This board sometimes 🙄

I was hoping for an established QB from a smaller school (like Bailey Zappe was last year) or a former starter at a P5 who was in a bad situation (Casey Thompson?).

Head went to two high schools and we are his second college.

I hope he is the next Mason Fine. If we use the portal, it should be for a stud.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I was hoping for an established QB from a smaller school (like Bailey Zappe was last year) or a former starter at a P5 who was in a bad situation (Casey Thompson?).

I hope he is the next Mason Fine. If we use the portal, it should be for a stud.

dont think he is last qb they add.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

18 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

There’s a very good chance we have to rebuild our QB depth chart. Not just find a starter. I look at this as a guy who can contend for the starting job but also a guy who probably hops Amani Gilmore and pushes Bryce Drummond, the other guys who have similar eligibility. Keep in mind those guys committed under Wallis, not Joseph. 

Head was at Pearland when Joseph was coaching in the Houston area so pretty reasonable to think this is his guy. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, KeithLee said:

He was the one that threw that dime TD pass in the corner of the end zone on us this year on one of his very first drives in a game. He was a great QB in High School. I am for one excited about the potential. I’ve seen him play and he is a leader and a gamer. 

I just watched some of his highlight video. The potential is definitely there. I think this is a really good pick up.  

• Upvote 4