Teams' Pregame Activities for Frisco Classic?

Greenrex

Does the bowl committee invite both teams for a social gathering like dinner or such? Does North Texas offer a campus tour to the visitors?
How long will Miami be in Texas and where will they practice? Just wondering if these things are still part of a bowl event...the human/distraction stuff.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Greenrex said:

Does the bowl committee invite both teams for a social gathering like dinner or such? Does North Texas offer a campus tour to the visitors?
How long will Miami be in Texas and where will they practice? Just wondering if these things are still part of a bowl event...the human/distraction stuff.

So many questions 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Greenrex said:

Considering this bowl wasn't even a thing less than 2 weeks ago, I doubt they have any of this lined up.  And if they do, it's likely very generic stuff.

36 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Considering this bowl wasn't even a thing less than 2 weeks ago, I doubt they have any of this lined up.  And if they do, it's likely very generic stuff.

They will have activities for the players and get gifts. My guess they will have a nice dinner, probably go to Top Golf in the Colony or the Grandscape area. 

1 minute ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Maybe a visit to the dino exhibit at Grandscape?   A few rounds at TopGolf?   Behind the scenes tour at IKEA?

Haha Todd beat me to it 

Alumni event will be at some bar the night before the game I’m assuming. The Revel in Frisco would be a cool place or somewhere by the Star. 

1 minute ago, Big Z said:

Haha Todd beat me to it 

Alumni event will be at some bar the night before the game I’m assuming. The Revel in Frisco would be a cool place or somewhere by the Star. 

Expect an announcement very soon regarding locations of the coach’s show the night before, pre game party, and post game party.  Just not quite ready to announce yet, but if you are guessing Revel, keep guessing.  😉

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Expect an announcement very soon regarding locations of the coach’s show the night before, pre game party, and post game party.  Just not quite ready to announce yet, but if you are guessing Revel, keep guessing.  😉

I’m sure it will be a blast 

I noticed Knockouts by Top Golf Colony supports the Mean Green!

image.png.eeb1a823a66ac37b37b05a1745d59de4.png

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

36 minutes ago, oldredhawk said:

Hello, Mean Green football fans. I’m an old alum of Miami University who’s a member of the RedHawks’ fan board. Although I’m not able to attend the Frisco Football Classic due to an influx of Christmas company on Dec 20, I am tracking what’s going on and sharing information on bowl d ents, etc. with the folks on our board. Looking forward to the first ever meeting between the two teams. We’ve only played in Texas twice since our football program began in 1888 - once in a Sun Bowl win over Texas Tech in 1948 and most recently in a loss at Houston in 1984. I am a retired Miami Alumni Chapter Founder/Long-term President and I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about our campus, history and traditions. We sure have the most appropriate uniform combinations for a game being played during Christmas week. I’m hoping both times decide to wear their traditional colors instead of alternate uniforms. 

Welcome.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, oldredhawk said:

Hello, Mean Green football fans. I’m an old alum of Miami University who’s a member of the RedHawks’ fan board. Although I’m not able to attend the Frisco Football Classic due to an influx of Christmas company on Dec 20, I am tracking what’s going on and sharing information on bowl d ents, etc. with the folks on our board. Looking forward to the first ever meeting between the two teams. We’ve only played in Texas twice since our football program began in 1888 - once in a Sun Bowl win over Texas Tech in 1948 and most recently in a loss at Houston in 1984. I am a retired Miami Alumni Chapter Founder/Long-term President and I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about our campus, history and traditions. We sure have the most appropriate uniform combinations for a game being played during Christmas week. I’m hoping both times decide to wear their traditional colors instead of alternate uniforms. 

I think it would look fantastic for both teams to wear home uniforms. Green jerseys vs red jerseys for Christmas.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Big Z said:

I’m sure it will be a blast 

I noticed Knockouts by Top Golf Colony supports the Mean Green!

image.png.eeb1a823a66ac37b37b05a1745d59de4.png

TBH the one in the middle is wearing the wrong color green though😆

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, oldredhawk said:

Welcome !

39 minutes ago, oldredhawk said:

I looked at a YouTube pregame performance. You do have a very large, high-quality band. I’m not sure what percentage of our band will be available to trace to Texas during the holiday break and on relatively short notice but we’ll bring a contingent worthy of a bowl game appearance. Should be fun! 

So is your band for sure coming because Inwould enjoy seeing them.

• Upvote 1