Miami (OH) “Pre-Bowl” player press conference

Uncle

Listening to Sterling Weatherford and he said this is gonna be the first time a lot of these guys have ever travelled to Texas.   There's not a single Texan on their roster!   

I didn't even think about that...  The furthest these guys have travelled to play football over the past 5 years is to Minneapolis and West Point this year, and Minneapolis again in 2018.    Crazy.  That should work in our favor wouldn't you think?

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

12 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Listening to Sterling Weatherford and he said this is gonna be the first time a lot of these guys have ever travelled to Texas.   There's not a single Texan on their roster!   

I didn't even think about that...  The furthest these guys have travelled to play football over the past 5 years is to Minneapolis and West Point this year, and Minneapolis again in 2018.    Crazy.  That should work in our favor wouldn't you think?

We should bring these guys in every now and then for an OOC matchup, a day game in September.  I'm thinking a Miami meltdown a la Ball State.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Miami had several guys from Texas, mostly the Houston area, on the roster from around 2009-2012. That was due mainly to the head coach at the time, Michael Haywood (a Houston native). Haywood was on Mack Brown's staff at Texas in the early 2000s along with DC Bull Reese, who served as Haywood's DC at Miami. 

We haven't had any players from Texas since (I think), but why we would? Our recruiting grounds are Ohio, Penn., Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois, though we go south (Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina) for speed. 

Edited by Bash_Riprock
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Bash_Riprock said:

Miami had several guys from Texas, mostly the Houston area, on the roster from around 2009-2012. That was due mainly to the head coach at the time, Michael Haywood (a Houston native). Haywood was on Mack Brown's staff at Texas in the early 2000s along with DC Bull Reese, who served as Haywood's DC at Miami. 

We haven't had any players from Texas since (I think), but why we would? Our recruiting grounds are Ohio, Penn., Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois, though we go south (Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina) for speed. 

Who is your biggest rival?  And hope you have safe travels to the game.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, greengal said:

Who is your biggest rival?  And hope you have safe travels to the game.

Some would say Cincinnati. Others would say Ohio Univ. The Cincinnati rivalry has lost a lot of its shine lately since they have won the last 15 (note that it took a streak of 15 wins for them to tie the overall series). 

Thanks, and safe travels to you too (particularly if you're on I-35, lol). 

Edited by Bash_Riprock

13 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Jack Sorenson is an amazing WR. Super speedy and has been a lethal deep threat this year. Will be hard to contain him, but man is he fun to watch.

He's fun to watch for sure. They say Sorenson will be a late rounder or a FA, think Julian Edelman-type guy, but I think he's probably just a hair too small for the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bash_Riprock said:

Does UNT have any guys that might be drafted or signed as undrafted free agents next year?  Besides Sorenson I think Sterling Weatherford and DE Dom Robinson will be signed as undrafted free agents, and possibly DE Ben Kimpler.  

UFA - DeAndre Torrey (RB) and Dion Novil (DL)

3 minutes ago, Bash_Riprock said:

Does UNT have any guys that might be drafted or signed as undrafted free agents next year?  Besides Sorenson I think Sterling Weatherford and DE Dom Robinson will be signed as undrafted free agents, and possibly DE Ben Kimpler.  

Our starting DT Dion Novil has been incredible for us. He's definitely got the size/athleticism to compete in the NFL.

Outside of that I don't see anyone else being drafted. Maybe our RB Torrey goes undrafted to a team as a change of pace type back

6 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Our starting DT Dion Novil has been incredible for us. He's definitely got the size/athleticism to compete in the NFL.

Outside of that I don't see anyone else being drafted. Maybe our RB Torrey goes undrafted to a team as a change of pace type back

Hearing that you guys have a DT with the size, skill, and athleticism to play in the NFL is not exactly good news for us or Miami's offensive line 😄

2 hours ago, MeanieGreenieTortilini said:

what round of the nfl draft do you think the twins will be selected

Question:  Are you a fan of North Texas or Miami (OH)?

The twins are RS Freshmen and will be here for a while.  Due to the addition of  the "covid" year, we only have eight seniors listed on our roster and 13 juniors.  We have a very young team, classification wise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oldredhawk said:

Legendary Arena Football QB Dan Radabaugh - from Coppell, Texas - played at Miami U. According to several sources of information online, he’s currently the OC for the Frisco Fighters. Who knew? 

Radabaugh was a Coppell Cowboy. Pretty good high school pitcher too. Part of a Cowboy pitching staff that included Corey Kluber.

• Lovely Take 1