Poll - If SL announced he was taking an OC job at OU or somewhere else would you be disappointed?

southsideguy

If SL announced he was taking an OC job at OU or somewhere else would you be disappointed?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. If SL announced he was taking an OC job at OU or somewhere else would you be disappointed?

35 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I think we can kill this thread. SL is not going anywhere unless he wants to to be OC at OU or somewhere else. I think he learned not to say or do anything until after the bowl game.......

Seems like this OU connection weighs heavily on your mind.  I'm not giving it 0.02.  Should I be?

• Upvote 2

Best of luck to him!   (And I mean that with sincerity)

He’s an elite OC.   And now that he’s gleaned a lot of Briles’ system to go with his version of the Air Raid, I have no doubt his offense would be top 20 quickly.

And I’d fully trust Baker to find a more than capable replacement.

But I’m pretty sure if you’re a FBS head coach, you’re not gonna willingly step down a rung, even to a “better” school.  I don’t really know of any guys who’ve done that before.    
Rocky Long “retired” as SDSU’s HC (Brady Hoke was already on staff again so I think they may were looking for a reason to elevate him), then took a DC job at the place where he started his defense, UNM.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I would not care about Seth leaving.

I would care about our HC leaving to become an assistant because that is what happens to small-time programs (see UIW coach). 

Probably comes with a pretty big pay increase. UIW darn near beat Sam Houston. You’d think Eric Morris would have been on the list to replace Seth (which is obviously not going to be needed now). 

yes, because it puts us way behind in the musical chairs of hiring a new coach. it just gives us that less amount of time to prepare for early national signing day, and it puts us behind on transfers, while our athletes could still enter the portal to leave. 

Had Seth or Wren made a move 2 weeks ago, fine. if something happens now, it's no good.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Lol, a lot of eye rolls for people that would not be disappointed if SL did decide to leave for his alma mater. Why is that the case? Do the eye rollers believe SL is the savior of UNT football? Are we not going to be able to find someone better if he does leave? *Hint* I would bet my house Wren could find someone better. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1