Portal DE CJ Onyechi (Rutgers)

BillySee58

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

6’1” 250 lb defensive end from Rutgers. 15 career starts at Rutgers

https://scarletknights.com/sports/football/roster/cj-onyechi/10368

Saw he was from West Orange, and thought, "Oh, a chance to come home!"... but it was West Orange, NJ.   Wonder if he'd want to move all the way to Texas?

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Saw he was from West Orange, and thought, "Oh, a chance to come home!"... but it was West Orange, NJ.   Wonder if he'd want to move all the way to Texas?

This is kind of an opposite scenario of what we usually talk about with getting transfers.  Here's a guy who stayed close to home for college, maybe now he's ready to get away?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Well think about who we have added…

qb from kentucky. Didn’t play there can’t play here. 

de from acu. Was just a guy there and just a depth guy here.

safety from unlv. Couldn’t play there can’t play here. 

cb from rice. Left his team year before cause “covid” left his team this year. 

only transfer we have got worth a shit is Jackson from ARKANSAS and bush from GEORGIA.. jury is still out of ruder. 

the transfer portal isn’t hard. Just don’t be cute with it. Go get talent. 

THIS! Even freaking Texas State is out recruiting us in the portal. This is on Seth... again.  At some point he's just got to know how to do something,  not completely F them up first and do the opposite next.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

32 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Well think about who we have added…

qb from kentucky. Didn’t play there can’t play here. 

de from acu. Was just a guy there and just a depth guy here.

safety from unlv. Couldn’t play there can’t play here. 

cb from rice. Left his team year before cause “covid” left his team this year. 

only transfer we have got worth a shit is Jackson from ARKANSAS and bush from GEORGIA.. jury is still out of ruder. 

the transfer portal isn’t hard. Just don’t be cute with it. Go get talent. 

Oh, even before this past round, we had Plantin, who was decent, and Harvey/Harrison.  Then Rucker, Farrell, Wilson from KSSt, and John Davis(who was decent)….   We’ve just missed on transfers HARD.   That’s kinda why I’d like to see us hit the JUCOs. 

Although I will say, I’d love to see Finau transfer home.  And from all I’ve seen, it sounds like we have a pretty decent shot!

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh, even before this past round, we had Plantin, who was decent, and Harvey/Harrison.  Then Rucker, Farrell, Wilson from KSSt, and John Davis(who was decent)….   We’ve just missed on transfers HARD.   That’s kinda why I’d like to see us hit the JUCOs. 

Although I will say, I’d love to see Finau transfer home.  And from all I’ve seen, it sounds like we have a pretty decent shot!

Whens the last HIT in juco?? Trice? Never under Seth 

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Trice was actually a transfer.   But we have a REALLY GOOD track record with JUCO guys lately, including 2 in the NFL right now.

Guyton, Hall, Ejiya, Torrey are all guys who come to mind quickly.   I’m sure there are more.

Good point,  unfortunately the guys that recruited them are gone

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2021 at 6:31 AM, ntexeagle said:

We were a run based offense with receivers that were not expected to start, playing due to injury.  It goes to reason that passing stats would be lower than offenses that were passing based.

Only a run-based offense the second half of the season. Just terrible at passing but still throwing up to 50 passes in games the first half.