Johnny Jones

meanJewGreen

1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Will never blame JJ for leaving to coach his alma mater (plus the better salary).  I wish it would have worked out for him at LSU.  A true North Texas legend and one of the nicest and most genuine North Texas coaches I've ever met.

I'm just glad we hired Grant McCasland so there was a seamless transition from JJ and his legacy was not torn to the ground.  There's a few fuzzy years in there though...I wonder what happened.

Italics: 100% agree.  Just a great person.

Underlined: 100% agree.  Great hire and another great person.

Strike Through: Bad dream after eating at the old Pancho's.

Its Always Sunny Beer GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • RV 1

13 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Plus I think we could plan something classy like a “Welcome Home JJ” night (while, of course, planning to run his team out of the gym)

Hasn’t JJ been back once? When one of his teams was honored. But it would be super cool to get him back coaching in an actual game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NT80 said:

10 years ago this month (Dec. 22, 2011) North Texas, coached by JJ, hosted LSU at the SuperPit.

JJ would go on to become LSU's coach the next season, and North Texas would become Benford'ed. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/2011-12-22-north-texas.html

What is Benford’ed?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/11/2021 at 8:00 PM, emmitt01 said:

Plus I think we could plan something classy like a “Welcome Home JJ” night (while, of course, planning to run his team out of the gym)

Would we be making any special signs for said homecoming game?  Maybe a sign that would make him laugh and remember a certain game he coached in while at NT?

• Upvote 2