UTSA has issues

Tom McKrackin

I swear anytime I come in here and UTSA is mentioned, it has the same damn energy as PonyFans whenever we're mentioned.

Except UTSA fans can spell and do basic math. PonyFans people are all excited about blowing 200k for undergrad and then ending up at UTSA for grad school.

Edited for kindness. I'm sure 2 or 3 SMU peeps could qualify for UNT's or UTEP's grad programs, and several for UTSA or UTA, but most are still gonna end up at TAMU Commerce or Tarleton.

Point is, UTSA is not the enemy - the true enemy of both of us is far closer.

Edited by Legend500
Accuracy
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

6 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

What I fear is that once the diminishing financial returns of minor bowl games gets to a level that doesn’t make Financial sense they will roll them back too far.

Bowl games have increased from 15 in 1980 to 25 in 2000 to 42 this year.

This trend tells me that bowls are making money for somebody. ESPN loves bowls so much it runs 17 of them (18 if they're handling the Frisco Classic). If they weren't profitable they wouldn't keep growing, and all that growth is in minor bowls.

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Many people go the JUCO route first 😇

Haha.  I see what you did there!

I should be more specific that I earned degrees from both. 

Side note: UNT ticket people don't like it when you go pick up your student ticket wearing UTSA gear.  My bad. ☠️. I'd wear green for all the non-utsa games though.

• Haha 5
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreenRoadrunner said:

Side note: UNT ticket people don't like it when you go pick up your student ticket wearing UTSA gear.  My bad. ☠️. I'd wear green for all the non-utsa games though.

We gotta get you off the fence man.  That’s just not a good look. You really gotta pick a team cause we don’t allow even partial UTSA fans at our parties and stuff.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, rcade said:

Bowl games have increased from 15 in 1980 to 25 in 2000 to 42 this year.

This trend tells me that bowls are making money for somebody. ESPN loves bowls so much it runs 17 of them (18 if they're handling the Frisco Classic). If they weren't profitable they wouldn't keep growing, and all that growth is in minor bowls.

Keep in mind that the Frisco Football Classic is not an incremental bowl game.   It replaced the Red Box San Francisco bowl game.  

Carry on.  

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, MeanGreenRoadrunner said:

An associates degree is a degree so you definitely won that point! 

17 hours ago, MeanGreenRoadrunner said:

12 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

We gotta get you off the fence man.  That’s just not a good look. You really gotta pick a team cause we don’t allow even partial UTSA fans at our parties and stuff.

Based on his post, looks like he's already chosen his side of the fence