Recruit Names to Watch as NSD approaches UPDATED 12/13

TheReal_jayD

3 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Why can't we get higher level at the QB.  liberty does, Smu does, TX state just did. What am I missing 

Malik Willis threw as many passes at Auburn before going to Liberty as Ruder did at NC before coming here. At the time of pickup those guys were essentially the same caliber transfer recruit. Willis is obviously a much better player but the point is those pickups were on the same level.

Not sure who Texas State got unless you’re talking about McBride. Unfortunately SMU just has a higher profile in college football. Especially with QBs. Guys like Gilbert and Buechele had pro athletes dads and grew up well off. SMU is just always going to attract those guys more than North Texas does unless we truly and clearly pass them on the field.

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, greenminer said:

sorry about that last post.  I deleted. I understand concern, and criticism, but I don't get how some of y'all post the same negative thing over and over again.  Don't even seem tired of it.  Like you were born in the dark.

dark-knight-rises-batman.gif

I didn't see your initial post. But, please, explain what there is currently to be joyful about on NSD? 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I didn't see your initial post. But, please, explain what there is currently to be joyful about on NSD? 

Not gonna spell this out, but there is more to our program than the disaster at QB position.  And some of it is good. You would think one poster here has forgotten about all the other stuff, or doesn't care.

This wasn't a call to be Santa Clause, not even a request to shut up.  Just show some variety.  But that's not gonna happen, because I have realized a few peopel on the board enjoy posting the same thing over and over again. 

I'll figure it out and deal with it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Not gonna spell this out, but there is more to our program than the disaster at QB position.  And some of it is good. You would think one poster here has forgotten about all the other stuff, or doesn't care.

This wasn't a call to be Santa Clause, not even a request to shut up.  Just show some variety.  But that's not gonna happen, because I have realized a few peopel on the board enjoy posting the same thing over and over again. 

I'll figure it out and deal with it.

No, it's all good. People have the right to look at things negatively given the product paired with the recruiting. Given this is a recruiting thread, that right to complain should be magnified given the circumstances. 

Let's beat Miami and get some mo on our side and hopefully have a great atmosphere in person and for TV and let's get some late signees in here. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No, it's all good. People have the right to look at things negatively given the product paired with the recruiting. Given this is a recruiting thread, that right to complain should be magnified given the circumstances. 

Let's beat Miami and get some mo on our side and hopefully have a great atmosphere in person and for TV and let's get some late signees in here. 

Yep, because posts like this welcoming the young men that have committed to our program:

3 hours ago, UNT Family Man said:

Not super impressed with this group so far. Underwhelmed by the two QB transfers!!! This staff has pulled some rabbits out of the hat in the past and will need to do it again— and not just with one high profile flip. It will need to be multiple high level AAC types. Not to mention a QB coach.

really rolls out the welcome mat and makes them feel an important part of our future.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1

22 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep, because posts like this welcoming the young men that have committed to our program:

really rolls out the welcome mat and makes them feel an important part of our future.

So, @UNTLifer are you saying you are impressed? I Have no doubt they are high character guys that will represent the program well and hopefully are difference makers. But I was hoping for something a little more impressive— especially at the quarterback position. Solid but not impressed.

Now, with the addition of the DE from up North we should have around 11-13 spots left. Work to do from the staff.

Edited by UNT Family Man
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, UNT Family Man said:

So, @UNTLifer are you saying you are impressed? I Have no doubt they are high character guys that will represent the program well and hopefully are difference makers. But I was hoping for something a little more impressive— especially at the quarterback position. Solid but not impressed.

Now, with the addition of the DE from up North we should have around 11-13 spots left. Work to do from the staff.

Head, out of HS would of been one of the top rated if not #1 qb in HS qb's out of this C-USA class. Him having a year under Skip with 4yrs eligibility makes him even more valuable. Recruiting is changing.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, UNT Family Man said:

My only disappointment is losing Savage.  I think Head was a great pick up and Earle could be solid.  I don't feel like we reached for anybody and I understand that this class is far from complete.

• Upvote 4
  • RV 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

My only disappointment is losing Savage.  I think Head was a great pick up and Earle could be solid.  I don't feel like we reached for anybody and I understand that this class is far from complete.

I agree with you for the most part. Just not that high on the QB’s— not a great track record from SL. . . hope I’m wrong but overall solid. Just not overly impressed.

Edited by UNT Family Man
  • Upvote 1

On 12/18/2021 at 4:53 AM, UNT Family Man said:

I agree with you for the most part. Just not that high on the QB’s— not a great track record from SL. . . hope I’m wrong but overall solid. Just not overly impressed.

Somewhat concerned about Head’s completion percentage but it was it was in limited action as a freshman so I am willing to keep an open mind. Earle on the other hand had pretty nice numbers and might have the best chance to operate the offense as SL envisioned originally. At least we know we can run the ball. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

@TheReal_jayD @UNTLifer

I think I read in another thread that we have a commit from one of the SOC kids.  May I get a rundown - here or in another thread - of interest we have of any players that participated in the state title games? Offers, converstations ,etc

Any insight would be great!

Off the top of my head, we have offers to:

QB: Denton Guyer; Jackson Arnold

RB: College Station; Marquise Collins

DE: Westlake; Colten Vacek

Above are all Class of '23.

RB: SOC; Qualon Farrar; Class of '22 signee

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1

Littrell's problem IMO has never been recruiting. 

If you are expecting NT to win multiple recruiting battles over P5's, or sign 4 and 5 star ranked players, it is a very long shot. 

However, he has been able to identify and sign some very good players.  In reality this is a very young team and there are not a lot of glaring holes.  So NT can really concentrate on just getting the best players regardless of position.  

The secondary should be a priority.  

Decisions have to be made, rather getting an experienced not star type recruit is preferable to a young freshman with a lot more potential.   There will likely be a mix; but I would go more high school.   However, that one time transfer rule really has made transfers much more appealing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

If you are expecting NT to win multiple recruiting battles over P5's, or sign 4 and 5 star ranked players, it is a very long shot. 

Why exactly is that an unreasonable expectation?  I mean 4 and 5 stars or whatnot, why do you continue to set boundaries on what we can accomplish here?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1